Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Is a light bleed normal?

    Have question.
    I have noticed that I have some screen bleed on my screen. It's not standard bleed, but just slightly brighter on the bottom edge of the screen when looking at full black on full brightness. It just looks at it is a bit brighter and washed out. But minor thing. Something to be concerned for?

    Live long and prosper.
    Last edited by Golfdriver97; 09-23-2014 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Clarified Thread Title
  2. Best Answer

    Normal on lcd

    Posted via Android Central App

  3. #2  

    Default Re: Nexus 5: light bleed when screen is black

    Normal on lcd

    Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    Nuuq 
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Nexus 5: light bleed when screen is black

    Quote Originally Posted by joselito76 View Post
    Normal on lcd

    Posted via Android Central App
    Is it malfunction or is it something not to be concerned?

    Live long and prosper.
  5. #4  
    JeffDenver's Avatar

    Posts
    2,921 Posts
    ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

    Default Re: Nexus 5: light bleed when screen is black

    Yeah I see that on every LCD. Even on Apple products.
    Thanked by:
    Nuuq 
  6. #5  

    Default Re: Nexus 5: light bleed when screen is black

    I've had two N5s and both have had a slight amount of light bleed on the upper left hand corner as well as next to the volume rocker. I debated on getting an RMA again on this one, but I might just hold off. It doesn't effect anything but my OCD. Otherwise, this is an incredible phone.
    Thanked by:
    Nuuq 
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Nexus 5: light bleed when screen is black

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildo6882 View Post
    I've had two N5s and both have had a slight amount of light bleed on the upper left hand corner as well as next to the volume rocker. I debated on getting an RMA again on this one, but I might just hold off. It doesn't effect anything but my OCD. Otherwise, this is an incredible phone.
    My ocd is impacted too hope that it will not spread


    Live long and prosper.
    Thanked by:
  8. #7  

    Default Re: Nexus 5: light bleed when screen is black

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuuq View Post
    My ocd is impacted too hope that it will not spread


    Live long and prosper.
    Yeah, I think I may see about an RMA, just because of my OCD. But if it isn't any better then I'll stay with this one.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: Nexus 5: light bleed when screen is black

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildo6882 View Post
    Yeah, I think I may see about an RMA, just because of my OCD. But if it isn't any better then I'll stay with this one.
    Rma?

    Live long and prosper.
  10. #9  

    Default Re: Nexus 5: light bleed when screen is black

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuuq View Post
    Rma?

    Live long and prosper.
    It's an exchange through Google.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: Nexus 5: light bleed when screen is black

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildo6882 View Post
    It's an exchange through Google.
    A, k... If it stays this way, I'll hold onto it... It's not that big of a deal. I was fine with dead pixel, single, on N4. It gave me OCD test for a month, but I got used to it

    Live long and prosper.
    Thanked by:
  12. #11  

    Default Re: Nexus 5: light bleed when screen is black

    I have ipads, Samsung tablets and phones, Acer tablets, HTC phones, and iPhones. All have this problem.

    I suspect you are wasting your time with the RMA.
    Thanked by:
    Nuuq 
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default Re: Nexus 5: light bleed when screen is black

    Quote Originally Posted by oberkc View Post
    I have ipads, Samsung tablets and phones, Acer tablets, HTC phones, and iPhones. All have this problem.

    I suspect you are wasting your time with the RMA.
    OCD is a weird thing. Trust me...

    Live long and prosper.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

    Default Re: Nexus 5: light bleed when screen is black

    Of course that I now can see bleed on other backgrounds but some reading and you guys calmed me down. Hope it doesn't spread.

    Live long and prosper.
  15. #14  

    Default Re: Nexus 5: light bleed when screen is black

    Quote Originally Posted by oberkc View Post
    I have ipads, Samsung tablets and phones, Acer tablets, HTC phones, and iPhones. All have this problem.

    I suspect you are wasting your time with the RMA.
    Yeah, not sure I'll even go through with it. It isn't terribly noticeable, but just enough to trigger my OCD.
    Thanked by:
    Nuuq 
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

    Default Re: Nexus 5: light bleed when screen is black

    Still afraid that it's going to spread...

    Live long and prosper.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

    Default Re: Nexus 5: light bleed when screen is black


    This is it. Bottom of the screen

    Live long and prosper.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is a light bleed normal?-uploadfromtaptalk1394756194083.jpg  
  18. #17  

    Default Re: Nexus 5: light bleed when screen is black

    So that's at the bottom? I have nothing on the bottom. Just upper left hand corner and where the volume rocker is. It's not too bad. If it bothers you, try an RMA and see if it's better.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

    Default Re: Nexus 5: light bleed when screen is black

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildo6882 View Post
    So that's at the bottom? I have nothing on the bottom. Just upper left hand corner and where the volume rocker is. It's not too bad. If it bothers you, try an RMA and see if it's better.
    Yes, this is at the bottom. It drives me crazy. Going to try RMA... Thanks.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  20. #19  

    Default Re: Nexus 5: light bleed when screen is black

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuuq View Post
    Yes, this is at the bottom. It drives me crazy. Going to try RMA... Thanks.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Did you get your RMA yet? I'm thinking about getting one again for mine some I'm wondering how it worked out for you.

Similar Threads

  1. Can an app widget be installed on the lock screen?
    By newbie40 in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-12-2014, 07:31 PM
  2. Pastry Push on Android
    By JeremyMattew231 in forum Android Apps
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-12-2014, 09:22 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-11-2014, 10:50 PM
  4. Samsung Galaxy 3 (Phone) Screen Not showing!?!?!?
    By Kevin11800 in forum Android Sideload Wonder Machine
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-11-2014, 09:37 PM
  5. Using Wi-Fi Direct on Nexus 7
    By Tabby01 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-11-2014, 08:43 PM

Posting Permissions