Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 5 problems with data/internet

Hey folks!

I'm not sure exactly what it is, but I think my Nexus 5 has some problems with data or GPS.

My problem is that my weather app for instance (when I swift to the left), doesn't always show the correct weather. Also, my data/signal is worse than many other phones, when I am in rooms with walls or in buildings. It feels like my phone just cannot catch the signal at these locations.

Is there anything I can do about this issue, or is it normal for Nexus phones?

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Nexus 5 problems with data/internet

Who is your carrier? Do others around you with the same carrier have data issues?

Also is the weather widget updating in a timely manner? By default they usually only update every 6 hours.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by monsow View Post
    Hey folks!

I'm not sure exactly what it is, but I think my Nexus 5 has some problems with data or GPS.

My problem is that my weather app for instance (when I swift to the left), doesn't always show the correct weather. Also, my data/signal is worse than many other phones, when I am in rooms with walls or in buildings. It feels like my phone just cannot catch the signal at these locations.

Is there anything I can do about this issue, or is it normal for Nexus phones?

Thanks in advance!
    The weather app most likely is either buggy or there is a setting to auto pull the weather that is unticked. The signal problem has been reported by many but mine has been stronger than my old SII. You can try a different radio if you feel comfortable doing that as different radios will have different signal strengths depending on carrier and location. Directions are on my thread: Nexus 5: Cell Signal Problem(s) Fix.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Almeuit I have a Danish carrier (Telenor). You probably don't know it.

gidgiddonihah I will try your solution later, when I have time.

Thanks for the answers so far