Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By gidgiddonihah
  • 1 Post By RionDunn
  • 1 Post By gidgiddonihah
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Services!!

Hi All,

For some reason today Google Services has been running on my Nexus 5. I cannot stop this. I stop the process and it just comes back automatically. I don't believe its affecting my battery life but still it a taking up RAM. Its bugging me. Anyone else have this issue? Anyone have any ideas what's going on here? I don't get it. I've taken a screen shot but it seems as if this app doesn't allow uploads. Anyways, can anyone help!?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Google Services!!

Google Services is a normal part of the operation of your Nexus 5. Don't try to force close it--it will just reopen, and you might cause things to glitch a bit. Remember that your N5 has 2 GB of RAM, so you probably still have about 1 GB of RAM free, which is huge.

Quote Originally Posted by RionDunn View Post
    Hi All,

For some reason today Google Services has been running on my Nexus 5. I cannot stop this. I stop the process and it just comes back automatically. I don't believe its affecting my battery life but still it a taking up RAM. Its bugging me. Anyone else have this issue? Anyone have any ideas what's going on here? I don't get it. I've taken a screen shot but it seems as if this app doesn't allow uploads. Anyways, can anyone help!?

Google Services should always be running. It provides the backbone for multiple Google Apps including Maps and the Play Store.

Force closing apps is counter productive to battery life. It takes power to kill the process and then Android just usually repopulates based on its usage history or system commands. This guzzles power as the CPU has to work hard to do reopen the app. Its better to just leave alone unless a process is running rampant on your battery.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    B. Diddy and crxssi like this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Hey! Thanks guys! That's awesome. I'm really impressed with the Android Community! Far better than Apple! Very happy that I made the switch! Again thanks!

B. Diddy likes this.

Hey! Thanks guys! That's awesome. I'm really impressed with the Android Community! Far better than Apple! Very happy that I made the switch! Again thanks!

Glad you like this side of the force . The dark side is lonely isn't it? :P

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    slik6996 likes this.

Hi All,

For some reason today Google Services has been running on my Nexus 5.
    Google Services is kind of a grab-all/umbrella service that houses a whole bunch of Google's stuff (like Google Play, Google Location services, the process that handles all the google account sync stuff, etc). It used to be a voracious battery hog... but Google has made a ton of improvements over the past couple of months and now it is a lot more frugal. Just leave it be and let it do its thing and you'll be fine.

Oh, don't be so stressed about RAM usage... Android does a good job of cleaning things up if it needs.