- 36 Posts
Nexus 5 having problems getting through startup/activation
Got my Nexus 5 on Sprint this morning in the mail. Turn the phone on and everything is gravy. I choose to skip the activation to get to the home screen and mess around. I skip the activation and it takes me to a screen that says there is a Google update that needs to be installed. I click next and it starts installing. I can see the progress bar, not moving too much. Then the "Google something or another has stopped working." It says this and sometimes "Google Play services has stopped working." I click ok, and it just keeps popping up. Cant get past the upgrade screen.
Called Sprint but I'm almost positive the lady thought I had an activation problem and couldnt really understand what I was saying.
Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
- 03-14-2014, 02:14 PM #3
Re: Nexus 5 having problems getting through startup/activation
Not sure if this will help, but it might be good to complete the Google sign in/setup for the phone prior to trying to update.
Posted via Android Central App
IN CASE YOU'RE WONDERING, I'll be on vacation from 7/27 to 8/13, with only intermittent web access. So if you don't see me around much, don't worry, I didn't defect to another site or anything like that.
- By Grifftech2K13 in forum AT&T Galaxy Note 2Replies: 2Last Post: 03-18-2014, 08:56 AM
- By longtime44 in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 6Last Post: 03-15-2014, 02:53 AM
- By jomak123 in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 8Last Post: 03-14-2014, 06:55 PM
- By DrewBeezy in forum AT&T Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 03-14-2014, 01:22 PM
- By Ry in forum Moto G (2013)Replies: 0Last Post: 03-14-2014, 12:19 PM