Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jennyfur
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Wallbase

    I noticed some of you are using wallbase for the wallpaper for the nexus 5. I had a look on there just now, but all the wallpaper is in landscape format. For example I quite like this one, but how to do I get it in Portrait mode suitable for the nexus 5 format? Android Android 13 Apple Inc. nom wallpaper (#1337321) / Wallbase.cc
  2. #2  
    jennyfur's Avatar

    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    662 Global Posts

    Default Re: Wallbase

    The N5 is landscape. 1920x1080. That wallpaper should fit fine. Not entirely sure what you're asking (also because nearly all my wallpapers are from wallbase).
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Wallbase

    Well when I download the wallpaper it gets chopped. I want wallpaper in portrait format not landscape. At the moment my downloaded wallpaper is chopped in half.

    Posted via Android Central App
  4. #4  
    jennyfur's Avatar

    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    662 Global Posts

    Default Re: Wallbase

    Quote Originally Posted by mysilly View Post
    Well when I download the wallpaper it gets chopped. I want wallpaper in portrait format not landscape. At the moment my downloaded wallpaper is chopped in half.

    Posted via Android Central App
    I don't think you're following what I'm saying. Your phone has multiple homescreens that span the entire 1920x1080 resolution, so only part of a full HD wallpaper shows per homescreen. It has nothing to do with being portrait vs. landscape. Your wallpaper isn't being "chopped", the part you want to see is just too big for one screen. And considering that wallpaper has a solid background, you could have easily just edited it yourself if you want the little android part to be smaller while keeping the rest of the background the correct size.

    Actually forget everything I just said. I downloaded that wallpaper and the android part isn't too big at all. In fact, it fits rather perfectly. Are you using some sort of app or launcher that is resizing your wallpaper or something? Post a screenshot or something because now I really have no clue what you're talking about as far as it being chopped.
    Wallbase-screenshot_2014-03-15-10-48-35.jpg
  5. #5  
    jennyfur's Avatar

    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    662 Global Posts

    Default Re: Wallbase

    Unless you're trying to download a thumbnail of the wallpaper instead of the full size image...
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Wallbase

    Quote Originally Posted by jennyfur View Post
    I don't think you're following what I'm saying. Your phone has multiple homescreens that span the entire 1920x1080 resolution, so only part of a full HD wallpaper shows per homescreen. It has nothing to do with being portrait vs. landscape. Your wallpaper isn't being "chopped", the part you want to see is just too big for one screen. And considering that wallpaper has a solid background, you could have easily just edited it yourself if you want the little android part to be smaller while keeping the rest of the background the correct size.

    Actually forget everything I just said. I downloaded that wallpaper and the android part isn't too big at all. In fact, it fits rather perfectly. Are you using some sort of app or launcher that is resizing your wallpaper or something? Post a screenshot or something because now I really have no clue what you're talking about as far as it being chopped.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-15-10-48-35.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	87.5 KB 
ID:	108032
    Ah Ok I didn't know it scrolled the image. I like your icons, what are they?
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Wallbase

    Just edit the pic in one of your picture apps, rotating it to the left or right (depending on what you are going for). Super simple.
  8. #8  
    jennyfur's Avatar

    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    662 Global Posts

    Default Re: Wallbase

    Thanks! They are Stamped White Icons. I use Desktop VisualizeR for them since I don't want to run a launcher (I rather like the GEL, used to use Nova).
    Thanked by:
  9. #9  
    jennyfur's Avatar

    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    662 Global Posts

    Default Re: Wallbase

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBroccoli View Post
    Just edit the pic in one of your picture apps, rotating it to the left or right (depending on what you are going for). Super simple.
    I agree it would be super simple to do, but he wasn't looking to rotate it. Then the android would be sideways. And then the dimensions of the wallpaper would be wrong as well.
    mysilly likes this.

Posting Permissions