Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    pbc

Global Posts
    211 Global Posts

Default Pictures Randomly Dissappear?

So last week I was off on March break with my family and I took several pictures Tuesday and Wednesday on my phone of my kids, even remember showing a few of them in the evenings to my wife. Realized I forgot to turn on "auto backup" to google drive (or whatever it's called) and turned that on at some point mid-week.

On Friday I went out with my son and snapped a few more pics, and realized all the pictures I had from Mon - Wed were gone. Not in the Gallery app, not in the Photos app, and now that I'm checking with a computer, I simply can't find them anywhere on the phone at all.

Has anyone experienced this and/or have any idea what may have happened? I certainly didn't go through each photo and select "Delete" or anything like that! Unless there was a delete all button that I somehow clicked accidentally (which would seem really odd) and deleted all photos from the camera itself (it's a new RMA'd camera so all I had were the photos from Mon-Wed).

Thx

Global Posts
    1,009 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Default Re: Pictures Randomly Dissappear?

Sorry to hear about the loss of the photos...

Quote Originally Posted by pbc View Post
    I certainly didn't go through each photo and select "Delete" or anything like that! Unless there was a delete all button that I somehow clicked accidentally (which would seem really odd) and deleted all photos from the camera itself (it's a new RMA'd camera so all I had were the photos from Mon-Wed).
    It is possible to long press on the camera folder in the gallery and delete it - that would delete every photo under that folder.

I assume you took these pictures using the stock camera app. If you used a different camera app, they may store the photos in a different folder (though those should still show up in the gallery app or photos app)
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    pbc

Global Posts
    211 Global Posts

Nah, it was the stock camera app. Man that sucks, had some really cool pictures on it. Really odd, as I'm typically very cautious with the pics, but maybe that was it given that all the pictures from that period are gone and they'd literally be the only ones I took after getting the RMA'd phone.

You've probably done this already, but just in case--open Photos, then swipe in from the left and tap Folders. Under the Camera folder, tap the faded photo at the lower right of those photos (the one that has a ">" overlying it), which will bring up every photo on your camera roll. Your photos still aren't there?