Just curious to see who else may have noticed this. Occasionally the last page of my launcher would be a blank page with a + icon instead of the normal icon as if I were adding a page to it. Is this a glitch? It removes itself if I fake move a widget (pick it up and drop it on same spot) but its pretty annoying lol. So, I have 3 pages of widgets but a 4th occasionally pops up thats blank. Any ideas?
    03-19-2014 11:26 PM
    I don't know exactly what you mean about the + icon? But yes, a couple of times when I installed a new app the icon got dropped onto a new page instead of on one of the existing pages which still have space, and so I'd move it back where I wanted it. It hasn't happened in a couple of months, I don't think.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    03-19-2014 11:38 PM
    If you hold down any widget or icon an extra page is made with a + icon (its where the page indicator is). Lets say you have two pages then you try to add another widget, this launcher makes a new page for you incase you want to put it there. Basically the launcher adds a page for you for convenience but in my case the page randomly gets added without anything prompting it. I am not installing any apps that make an icon for that page, it just pops up and is entirely blank.
    03-20-2014 05:55 AM
    If you hold down any widget or icon an extra page is made with a + icon (its where the page indicator is). Lets say you have two pages then you try to add another widget, this launcher makes a new page for you incase you want to put it there. Basically the launcher adds a page for you for convenience but in my case the page randomly gets added without anything prompting it. I am not installing any apps that make an icon for that page, it just pops up and is entirely blank.
    That's a little different then to what my Nexus 5 did. I could (and did) delete the extra page it made a few times by just moving the new icon back to one of my older pages.

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2
    03-20-2014 06:11 AM
    Yeah I know exactly what that is, basically for you the Play Store app defaults to adding icons for each new app. Its actually a setting you can change so it stops making new icons. For me its pages being made for no reason >.<
    03-20-2014 06:42 AM
    I don't think it's making a new page. It's just a placeholder, letting you know that you can add a new homescreen to place the shortcut/widget. If you don't place it on a new homescreen to the right, then the + disappears.
    03-20-2014 07:34 PM
    Yup. I experience this issue frequently. It's annoying. It'll just randomly add a blank page at the end. Then at the bottom, there will be the regular dots for the number of screens, and a + sign at the end of it to signify the involuntarily added new screen.

It's a bug. Wish Google would fix it.

I have to long press an icon or a widget to make it disappear -- it's almost as if the launcher forgets it's already got all the screens I set/want, and it erases the + and the additional blank page.
    Matthew Guerrero likes this.
    03-20-2014 09:40 PM
    Hmm. No matter what I do, I can't get that to happen. Does this happen to you folks all the time, or only sometimes? If only sometimes, can you narrow down the circumstances when it occurs?
    03-20-2014 09:45 PM
    I noticed it happened when I was browsing the google play store abit but I hadnt installed anything and the option to "auto add widgets" is disabled anyway. I think onthecouchagain is right, Google made a normal error and should hopefully fix the issue in an update, just wanted to make sure I wasnt alone in this lol
    03-20-2014 09:53 PM
    Hmm. No matter what I do, I can't get that to happen. Does this happen to you folks all the time, or only sometimes? If only sometimes, can you narrow down the circumstances when it occurs?
    I wish I could tell you. Because it's so random, it's hard to diagnose or even send a report to Google about it.

It just happens randomly.
    03-21-2014 10:36 AM
    Yup. I experience this issue frequently. It's annoying. It'll just randomly add a blank page at the end. Then at the bottom, there will be the regular dots for the number of screens, and a + sign at the end of it to signify the involuntarily added new screen.

It's a bug. Wish Google would fix it.

I have to long press an icon or a widget to make it disappear -- it's almost as if the launcher forgets it's already got all the screens I set/want, and it erases the + and the additional blank page.
    This happens to me at least once a week. It'll randomly go away and I have no idea how or why.
    03-21-2014 11:49 AM