Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RionDunn
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default battery doctor app

Anyone else use this app.. I used for about a month thought it was really good until my battery dropped from about 41 to 7 then charged really slow.. For a few days. Uninstalled and battery is back to normal.. I did like the icon on the top bar saying my % though...

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: battery doctor app

There are other apps that will give you the percentage - I use https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tteryIndicator (requires no permissions except to run at startup)

Is this what you used? The list of permissions is loooooooong - and features like task killer, and auto-disabling apps is not really recommended (IMO)
    Or did you install this? The language used in the description itself would scare me away.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I used the first one.. It was decent but seemed to ruin my battery not fix it while the same app for iOS worked great on my iPhone 4s

Posted via Android Central App

I stay away from battery saving apps. The things they do are things you can typically do on your own, like set the brightness, or turn off mobile data or wifi. The ones that offer to kill tasks won't help battery much, and probably contribute to battery drain.

Here's my guide for battery saving tips: [Guide] Battery Saving Tips
    Thanked by:

The guide B.Diddy posted above is great! I just got rid of the battery doctor app and my phone is running great. I found I spent a lot of time using the task killer it offers and it turned out B.Diddy was right! It saved my battery some extra juice getting rid of the app!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    B. Diddy likes this.