Best Free Cloud Storage

Bront

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Not a huge fan of Cloud Storage, but when it's free, it's hard to complain about. So I'm curious. What app/service do you think is the best, and which one offers the most for free?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Google Drive is good... They give you 15 GB free :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I use a combination of box, dropbox, Onedrive, Copy and of course Google Drive.

To be honest, dropbox is probably the best out there at the moment (especially when you are syncing large volumes of data), but unless you are willing to pay, or have a lot of referrals, it is limited. I have two 50GB box accounts (one that Titanium Backup auto backs up to, and one for other stuff), Google Drive for G+ photo/video backups, Onedrive (with 100GB promotion for 2 years + 25GB standard from my old account) for random transfers to/from people, and for documents backup between my computers/phones/tablets, and Copy gets a backup of everything (redundancy).

I stopped using dropbox after they, out of the blue, decided that 15 or so of my referrals were "fake" and didn't provide any explanation of why those were fake. I know some people were using fiverr to get fake referrals, but the folks I referred were actual friends (students), that are actually using those accounts even now. They signed up within a span of 4-5 days, so I guess dropbox tech team thought those were fake. Anyway, I stopped using them after that.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I use 4 accounts but 2 regularly. Google drive for everything non picture and one drive for pictures as they have an auto backup setting for photos. Since I also have a lumia, I got an additional 20GB as well as of having office 365 gets you 20GB. You also get 3 GB for turning on auto upload for pics so I have 50GB.

Works pretty well. Probably a tad slower than drop box but I got tired of the small amount of storage I had with them and did not want to spam my friends.

Sent from my bada$$ Nexus 5

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I have (but do not use much) 25GB on Google Drive from the promotion they briefly ran when you download QuickOffice and 107GB with OneDrive from when Microsoft ran a brief promotion for an extra free 100GB.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I use Google Drive, mostly, as it's all wrapped into my Google account.... G+'s auto pic and vid backup piggybacks on my GD space, so that's a HUGE plus. If not for that, it is kind of a 'six in one hand' sort of thing.

korab84

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site

Caleb Pelton

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I use Google Drive. I believe you get 15gb for having a gmail account. In just upgraded to 100gb because its only like $1.99 a month.

Posted via Android Central App

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Google Drive is my personal favorite. It has always been reliable almost all of the time, and it has a clean design. Also, it integrates into basically all of the Google products that I use.

gidgiddonihah

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Google Drive. I get 25GB free plus if I need more I can upgrade to 100GB for 2$ a month. Dropbox and Box both have given me 100GB for free but I never found them near as nice or intuitive as Google Drive.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, Google Drive is awesome. Obviously has very smooth integration with all Google services. $2/month for 100 GB is remarkably cheap. I have 100 GB free for 2 years right now after buying a Chromebook, but it'll be a while before I fill it up significantly.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Also, it integrates into basically all of the Google products that I use.

If ONLY I could have the photos and vids that Google+ backs up show up in a Google Drive folder automatically (yes, I know it can do the other way around, but that doesn't help me much).

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I use 4 accounts but 2 regularly. Google drive for everything non picture and one drive for pictures as they have an auto backup setting for photos. Since I also have a lumia, I got an additional 20GB as well as of having office 365 gets you 20GB. You also get 3 GB for turning on auto upload for pics so I have 50GB.

Works pretty well. Probably a tad slower than drop box but I got tired of the small amount of storage I had with them and did not want to spam my friends.

Sent from my bada$$ Nexus 5

Just FYI Google Drive does have an auto photo backup.. It's hidden in Google + :).

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Just FYI Google Drive does have an auto photo backup.. It's hidden in Google + :).

Thanks. I do want want to use Google +. No desire what so ever to sign up. I tired it once and it is just not worth it to me. I would rather have a simple no frills backup like drop box and one drive give me.

Sent from my Moto X!

uh60james

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I use Google Drive for my personal stuff and OneDrive for my work stuff. I like then both for those purposes.

Posted via Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Google Drive for pictures and other misc files. Dropbox for files I need for work. I'll need to sign up for more storage on drive and start uploading all the photos I take.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463