Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By joesworld
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Gmail noticiation in status bar

Somewhere along the way I lost the "Reply, Delete" and body of messages in my notification window(just have a single height notification). I've uninstalled anything notification related, and reset Gmail back to factory, but haven't had any luck. Any ideas besides factory reset?

Default Re: Gmail noticiation in status bar

Go into the account settings and you'll find the reply/delete/archive settings in there.

For me, the preview only shows up when there aren't any other notifications.
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
    Get yourself some storage with Dropbox: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

In Gmail? I don't see what you are talking about. Just a confirmation before deleting, archiving, etc.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    281 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VDub2174 View Post
    For me, the preview only shows up when there aren't any other notifications.
    You'll love this then .. if you don't see the expanded preview, simply swipe down on the gmail notification and it will expand. Enjoy!
    Thanked by:
    VDub2174 and B. Diddy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by nestafaria View Post
    Somewhere along the way I lost the "Reply, Delete" and body of messages in my notification window(just have a single height notification). I've uninstalled anything notification related, and reset Gmail back to factory, but haven't had any luck. Any ideas besides factory reset?
    Along the lines of what joesworld said above--have you tried dragging down on the Gmail notification? That typically brings up the Reply or Delete options.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Along the lines of what joesworld said above--have you tried dragging down on the Gmail notification? That typically brings up the Reply or Delete options.
    That totally works. But I never get the expanded notification even if I have nothing else is my notification window. I definitely used to. But at least that helps, thanks.

Posted via Android Central App

For what it's worth, I don't get an expanded notification unless I drag down. I don't recall if I ever got expanded notifications by default for single messages, but I might not be remembering correctly.