Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JohnnyBroccoli
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 5: Warranty

Hey guys. I didn't use the search button before posting this thread so hate me if you have to. I'm having the stupid issue of poor cell reception for my nexus 5 and I can't get any help. I bought the phone new via Craigslist but since I don't have proof of purchase I cannot get any help. What can I do so I can replace my phone? I spoke with lg and Google but no luck

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Warranty

This is why I had zero interest in being impatient and buying off Craigslist.
    Podolsky likes this.

Global Posts
    1,009 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Per the warranty terms, the warranty is offered only to the original buyer. You could contact the original buyer and ask them to submit your warranty request for you (though they don't have to of course)

Not much you can do. Just chalk it up as lesson learned. Some manufacturers chose not to honor warranty unless you are the original purchaser. If you have a carrier specific model and extended warranty then it may be covered under that. I know with my extended warranty from Verizon, it will cover the active phone at time of peril. You may have to provide proof of purchase but I never had to.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

What prepaid service are you using? Have you tried an alternative?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Karim View Post
    Hey guys. I didn't use the search button before posting this thread so hate me if you have to. I'm having the stupid issue of poor cell reception for my nexus 5 and I can't get any help. I bought the phone new via Craigslist but since I don't have proof of purchase I cannot get any help. What can I do so I can replace my phone? I spoke with lg and Google but no luck

I've heard Google makes exceptions. Worth giving them a call. Also my quarter officially ends tomorrow so my free time will increase exponentially and I'll get on publishing videos for my tutorial this weekend.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk