Bye Nexus 5 :(

skyrockett

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Went to the Amusement Park today.. And N5's camera wasn't that good. I've had to challenges with it 1) Slow start up 2) And Annoying Exposure( Metering on this device is a nightmare) other than that it's pretty OK.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Went to the Amusement Park today.. And N5's camera wasn't that good. I've had to challenges with it 1) Slow start up 2) And Annoying Exposure( Metering on this device is a nightmare) other than that it's pretty OK.

That's unusual. Your Nexus 5 has had all of its system updates, right? There was one late last year that really improved the camera. My camera starts up quickly, and I've not encountered any exposure issues, either indoors or outdoors. HDR+ also helps even things out as well.

skyrockett

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
That's unusual. Your Nexus 5 has had all of its system updates, right? There was one late last year that really improved the camera. My camera starts up quickly, and I've not encountered any exposure issues, either indoors or outdoors. HDR+ also helps even things out as well.

Yeah December update significantly improved N5's camera performance but it's still behind major flagships. I mean it takes good pictures no doubt but the camera functionality is terrible.

The metering on N5 isn't perfect.. From time to time you'll end up with pictures like that.. This consider to be a major drawback.

Attachments

• Captures.JPG
    Captures.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 25

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I have to be honest, I don't see a huge difference between those two shots. Sure, I can see a bit more detail of the ground in the iPhone shot, but it's hardly a quantum leap better. Maybe it's just the monitor I'm using to view.

Posted via Android Central App