Nexus 5 v. Galaxy S5 v. HTC One (M8)

adamspt2

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
So, to start, I have a Nexus 5. And I do love it. However, as is often the case, my eye is attracted to new and glittery, i.e., the new Galaxy and the new One.

This is my second Nexus (had the 4) and am a bit itchy to try something different. I really like the look of the One (and am not opposed to Sense at all). But I think the camera and battery on the G5 would suit me better. Is anyone else considering getting either of these either in addition to or in place of your Nexus?

Last edited by a moderator:

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: N5 G5 M8

I don't think the Ones camera will be nearly as bad as the overly sensitive make it seem My One M7 is quite nice. I'm waiting on the G3 or chances are I'd get the One.

With that said I think you have a nice phone right now. Probably wouldn't waste an upgrade on anything currently.

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app

Iggymart

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: N5 G5 M8

I'm debating on getting the M8 on my primary line, which is an unlimited Verizon Plan. However, I would have to pay full retail price. My Nexus is on Straight Talk and there is no plans on replacing that. It's my preferred device. :cool:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I love my Nexus. If I had an opportunity to get another device it would probably be the M8 or the next Moto X iteration if it turns out to be a good device. I really liked the Moto X and considered it before the Nexus.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Not to replace my Nexus 5. If I were to get one it would be just because I wanted to try something else but I personally don't think that it is better than the Nexus 5. Actually, I would prefer the Nexus 5 to it because of the hardware and software.

Sent from my Nexus 5

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Nothing is calling out to me like it did with the M7. My next phone will be an M8 mini or moto X2

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Nothing is calling out to me like it did with the M7. My next phone will be an M8 mini or moto X2

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

The Moto X2 is one of those devices that I'm looking forward to. The G3, Note 4, and new Nexus are all on my radar. I may not buy any except for the new Nexus (that's an automatic purchase).

Sent from my Nexus 5

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I just got my N5 a bit over a month ago so no, not interested in upgrading :) However should my wife express interest in a new phone recommend the One M8. I like what they're doing with Sense and she would get use out of the speakers.

Posted from my Nexus 7 2013 via Android Central App

Delo773

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I have a extra line where I have the chance to pretty much get any phone I want but I feel like non will be as good as the note 3. Maybe I'll get the s5

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I have a extra line where I have the chance to pretty much get any phone I want but I feel like non will be as good as the note 3. Maybe I'll get the s5

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

The Note series to me is in a league of its own. If you like the S-pen and the "phablet" size, there really are no other choices. You may just want to use your upgrade for the Note 4 when it comes.

Delo773

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
The Note series to me is in a league of its own. If you like the S-pen and the "phablet" size, there really are no other choices. You may just want to use your upgrade for the Note 4 when it comes.

Most phones now and days are going to be 5+ inches is gonna make some (inappropriate content removed by Moderator) dudes mad but to be honest. The only thing I hate is how the note 3 doesn't support macro photography.

iphone|iphone3| and then i met android samsung and my world change. note 3 owner

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton