Finally got my Nexus 5!!

rrballer11

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Finally got my Nexus 5. So far I love it and the build quality is very very good. I love the all Google experience.

Posted via Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Congrats on getting the Nexus 5! :D
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one around here who doesn't have one :(

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

rrballer11

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
So far I like the build quality compared to my s4 but maybe that's because the s4 has a removable back. It is a great phone. Thank you.

Quick question can I get Tmobile insurance even though I bought it through Google??

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
So far I like the build quality compared to my s4 but maybe that's because the s4 has a removable back. It is a great phone. Thank you.

Quick question can I get Tmobile insurance even though I bought it through Google??

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think it's only for phones that were purchased from them.
Edit: B. Diddy bought from Google lol

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
No, actually I got mine from Google. You're right, I believe you can only get the T-Mobile insurance if you got the phone through T-Mobile. I bought a 2 year insurance plan from SquareTrade for $125, which is a pretty good deal. $75 deductible (which is better than most other insurance provided through the wireless companies), but theft isn't covered. SquareTrade tends to offer a bunch of 20-30% off coupons as well.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I hear Square Trade is a good options. I think Sprint is the only carrier that will insure Google purchased devices (16gb).

By the way, welcome to the club!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Iggymart

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Congrats on your Nexus 5. The phone has yet to disappoint. Welcome to the club!

Alex Karim

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
So if I have square trade and I want my phone fixed for example my service is poor. Other than the one time fee of 125$ do I have to pay a deductible or anything ?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So if I have square trade and I want my phone fixed for example my service is poor. Other than the one time fee of 125$ do I have to pay a deductible or anything ?

$75 deductible. Make sure to read the fine print carefully: Cell Phone Insurance - Cell Phone Warranty - Cellphone Insurance. Signal issues might be a grey area, up to interpretation--although according to the site, "If your device can’t get a signal where others on the same network can, there might be a problem with the antenna. No worries, you’re covered."

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
No, actually I got mine from Google. You're right, I believe you can only get the T-Mobile insurance if you got the phone through T-Mobile. I bought a 2 year insurance plan from SquareTrade for $125, which is a pretty good deal. $75 deductible (which is better than most other insurance provided through the wireless companies), but theft isn't covered. SquareTrade tends to offer a bunch of 20-30% off coupons as well.

Actually your plan you would have a $50 dollar deductible .... they changed them recently to $99 for 2 yrs and $75 deductible. While i personally like them ( ironically cancelled all mine just because i prefer the money back and i simply dont break my phone and typically upgrade in a years time anyways) their new plans have raised the costs a bit with how they changed the initial payment with a higher deductible