Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

Default Is there a way for me to have lockscreen shortcut AND a pattern lock?

I was just wondering if there was a way for me to have both security and convenience.
    Did I help you at all? Return the favor by giving me a "thanks"
    LG Rumor -> LG Rumor Touch -> LG Optimus S (Cyanogenmod 7.2 on 2.3.5) -> Samsung Galaxy S3 (MK3 Barebones on 4.3) -> LG Nexus 5 (Carbon Nightlies on 4.4.2)

Default Re: Is there a way for me to have lockscreen shortcut AND a pattern lock?

Not sure what you mean by shortcut, but you can have lock screen widgets and the pin security code.

This isn't a complete solution, but SkipLock works great if you want both. Basically, if your phone's connected to a registered WiFi or Bluetooth connection, the app will bypass the password on your lockscreen. If there is no connection (likely meaning the phone is not near you or you are out and about) the phone will set the pass code.
    Otherwise, you'll need root and an Xposed module that let's you have both a password and shortcut.
    Edit: Forgot to add that this is a paid app, so that might be an issue for some.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Current Devices:
    Galaxy Note 4
    rMBP 13"
    iPad 2

Default Re: Is there a way for me to have lockscreen shortcut AND a pattern lock?

I've been using Slidelock for lockscreen notifications, and it lets you set security on it as well.

Gravity box

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    This isn't a complete solution, but SkipLock works great if you want both. Basically, if your phone's connected to a registered WiFi or Bluetooth connection, the app will bypass the password on your lockscreen. If there is no connection (likely meaning the phone is not near you or you are out and about) the phone will set the pass code.
    Otherwise, you'll need root and an Xposed module that let's you have both a password and shortcut.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    What would be the best wearable Bluetooth or WiFi device to keep my phone unlocked when I am going around? I looked at a few things for me but this Smart Wallet that is something that could turn into a keychain or just put it in your wallet.

SmartWallit Pro Will Make Sure You Don’t Lose Your Smartphone

Quote Originally Posted by Shocktribe View Post
    Gravity box

gravity box FTW altho you need to be rooted. got it on my N5 and N10