Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New nexus owner

Just switched from Verizon to a sprint framily plan and picked up a Nexus 5 for $49.99 easy pay. They told me for the same price I could get an IPhone 5c but have to pay more monthly, I knew better than that! I spotted this gem hiding between the samsung mega and a flip phone lol Feels good to be back on here, was on crackberry for a while with my Z10 on Verizon. Sorry for the non question thread, just wanted to say hello!

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    31,634 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: New nexus owner

Welcome back to Android!
    Adrian Rangel likes this.

If it's in your budget, I highly recommend buying a 32GB outright from Google and skip the easy pay. Much better value and the memory is good to have.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by slab0meat View Post
    If it's in your budget, I highly recommend buying a 32GB outright from Google and skip the easy pay. Much better value and the memory is good to have.
    I'm going to put some music and some pictures on here to see how much space it would take up first, thanks for the advice! Definitely gonna look into it.

Welcome back to the mothership!
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,763 Global Posts

I loved the nexus 5 except battery life for me personally but I would also suggest the 32gb option as well since it's basically only $50 more and get double the space ....I will never buy a 16gb phone again. I was actually surprised that samsung made the base model for the galaxy note 3 32gb

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome back!

Quote Originally Posted by Closingracer View Post
    I loved the nexus 5 except battery life for me personally but I would also suggest the 32gb option as well since it's basically only $50 more and get double the space ....I will never buy a 16gb phone again. I was actually surprised that samsung made the base model for the galaxy note 3 32gb

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I might be wrong but I think the base model for the note 3 comes in 16gb.

I'm a new nexus owner too and got the 16gb. I normally only do 32gb but with Google music I mostly just stream since my library is uploaded to Google. With unlimited data from sprint, this works pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by slab0meat View Post
    I've managed to go from a 32 GB Gnex to the 16 GB sprint Nexus (due to budget), and it hasn't been that bad. It depends on how much music, apps, and other stuff you let sit on your phone. I'm fairly aggressive at keeping at least 3 GB free, and for non-technical folks, Sprint won't service the 32 GB model, only the 16 GB one.

Welcome back Adrian. Congratulations on your choice of android device. You won't be disappointed going with this bad a** device.

Global Posts
    662 Global Posts
    Carrier
    6.0 Marshmallow

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Rangel View Post
    Just switched from Verizon to a sprint framily plan and picked up a Nexus 5 for $49.99 easy pay. They told me for the same price I could get an IPhone 5c but have to pay more monthly, I knew better than that! I spotted this gem hiding between the samsung mega and a flip phone lol Feels good to be back on here, was on crackberry for a while with my Z10 on Verizon. Sorry for the non question thread, just wanted to say hello!

Great choice! Congrats on the new N5. Another vote for the 32GB you can usually recoup the cost of the bigger storage on resale.

My first Android phone had 512mb of storage.... it made me sensitive to running out of space :-)

I didn't blink at getting the 32 gb versions of the nexus devices I have ;-)

Posted from my Nexus 7 2013 via Android Central App
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Quote Originally Posted by vividrich View Post
    My first Android phone had 512mb of storage.... it made me sensitive to running out of space :-)

I didn't blink at getting the 32 gb versions of the nexus devices I have ;-)

Posted from my Nexus 7 2013 via Android Central App
    How did u do it with so little storage? lol
    I'm not much of an app guy, I have only downloaded about 4 and the rest of the space will just be music and maybe a few pics here and there . make that 5, just downloaded 8sms to replace hangouts and I am loving it!

15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

BTW if anybody wants to Hop on to our framily plan and save us both some $ get back to me! I'll give you the id and you can do the rest!

Posted via The Nexus Cinco