- 51 Posts
Is there a danger in giving this info out?
I found a good deal on a Nexus 5 like new. In the auction it shows pics of the box and screen.
Is there any danger me buying it when it clearly shows stuff like Serial, IMEI, WiFi Mac address, etc?
I am the high bidder, but am concerned if will be a security issue for me.
- 04-01-2014, 12:37 PM #2
- 04-01-2014, 12:45 PM #3
- 04-01-2014, 10:01 PM #5
- 12 Posts
Re: Is there a danger in giving this info out?
What do you mean by "security?"
Are they going to setup a mobile Wi-Fi hotspot and comb the world to see if they can pick up your mac address in the off chance you'll connect to their network so they can say, "Ah ha! That Nexus 5 I saw listed for sale is somewhere near here!"? I think the odds are against it.
On the other hand, if you're someone that people are dedicating a lot of resources toward and intently trying to keep tabs on, and they find out you bought this phone. Then yeah... maybe.
Anyway, within the scope of everyday mundane reason, I think you're good to go.
- 04-02-2014, 11:38 AM #6
- 04-03-2014, 12:34 AM #7
- 04-03-2014, 01:03 AM #8
- By Sirtalk8lot in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 5Last Post: 06-29-2016, 08:10 PM
- By Don164 in forum US Cellular Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 1Last Post: 06-26-2014, 12:20 AM
- By DirkBelig in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 4Last Post: 04-12-2014, 10:59 PM
- By cdahncke in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)Replies: 2Last Post: 04-01-2014, 08:19 PM
- By paparazzo79 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 18Last Post: 04-01-2014, 07:10 PM