Need help with calendar notifications

danbeezie82

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
hi

I switched over from Iphone to the Nexus5 .. I love the phone ..the only thing is the calendar. I share mine with my wife and vice-versa... I installed CalDav and i can see both our calendars. Now when she adds something to the calendar on the iphone i used to get a notification well i dont on my Nexus5...

help ... if i cant see new adds to the calendar i will have to switch back to the boring iphone !!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Can you tell us which CalDav app you installed? There's more than one. I'm not familiar with any of them, but try looking at your app's settings, and see what kinds of notification options there are. Also, go to Settings>Apps, select the CalDav app, and make sure the Notifications checkbox is checked.

camanokid

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I use Calengoo calendar app.
Front end for Google Calendar & Google Task.
It has MANY widgets to choose from.
You have total control over all appearance customizing.
It allows a scrollable Agenda widget to be placed on the lock screen. (I like this!)
It has a great Tasks management as well...love it.

I notice in the settings that there is an option for "reminders for new events".
Perhaps this is what you are looking for.

danbeezie82

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
i am using CALDAV-SYNC by Marten Gajda

it connects straight to icloud and gives me my shared calendars but doesnt give me a notification when a new one is added

danbeezie82

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
B.Diddy when i go into settings there is no notification checkbox neither is there in the app itself....and in my calendar app (the stock nexus5 calendar app) my notifications are check on

danbeezie82

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Calengoo is not an option for me as what i am trying to do is get my Icloud shared calendars on my nexus not my google account... the only way i could use calengoo is if i found a way to share my shared calendars with google and then sync google to my phone

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
You could try this:
Have individual Google accounts, and a shared Google account. The shared google account is set up on both devices as a secondary account. Any shared items go to the shared account, and it shows up on both devices, and notifies both devices etc.

Or if you don't want a shared account, if you trust the other person with all your google data, just add your google account on the other person's device. Set it up to sync only calendar (though the other person can easily sync everything)

Edit: read more at Quick Tip: Create and share a Google Calendar - TechRepublic - the latter half

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
B.Diddy when i go into settings there is no notification checkbox neither is there in the app itself....and in my calendar app (the stock nexus5 calendar app) my notifications are check on

Did you go into Settings>Apps, select CalDAV-Sync, and see if there is a notification checkbox there? Not sure which settings you were referring to.

danbeezie82

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
B.diddy when i go into setting - apps and select caldav-sync there is no notification box ... when i open the apps and go to account settings either ...

the only place i have a notification checkbox is in the stock calendar on the Nexus 5

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's odd. I thought every app has that little Notification check box right under the Force Close button.

Posted via Android Central App--please excuse the brevity and any typos!

danbeezie82

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
That's odd. I thought every app has that little Notification check box right under the Force Close button.

Posted via Android Central App--please excuse the brevity and any typos!

i get the notifications when its time for the event... but i dont get a notification when my wife adds an appointement to the calendar...

frenziedfemale

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if it will help you but maybe have a look. If I log into Google Calendar via the web...not an app...I can chose settings under my calendars (of which I also have my hubby's listed) and then chose notifications and select which ones I want.