Nexus 5: Incoming call nothing on screen.

gaurav agrawal2

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Solution - If Incoming call is not displaying on the screen.
1. Go To Settings
2. Click on Apps
3. Click on Phone
4. Check Show notifications check box. Its have to checked ever.

Abhishek Gupta6

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: Incoming call nothing on screen.

Yes, I have been having similar issues for maybe 3 weeks. Doesn't happen with every call but phone will ring and can't select to answer it. It is almost as if the phone app has locked up. Also, when hanging up on a call the icon will still show off the hook at times.

Have not found any fixes or workarounds yet

A very simple solution that worked for me. Go to Google dialer>settings>phone account settings and check the receive incoming calls box.

ramasamy

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
I had this problem,

Check notification settings for 'Dialler'

>Settings >Apps >All.
Scroll down until you find App called 'Dialler' - check that "show notifications" tick box is ticked.

Thanks.. a lot. You saved my money and time. Please all follow this step. I think, this must be your problem.

jrsnakes

May 26, 2015
Visit site
I don't believe this. Just received an awaited important phone call regarding a lawsuit and the first time this has ever happened, I could see the number calling on the top portion of the screen, but the bottom half, where you swipe, was totally black. I couldn't see the green button to answer the call. I tried to press and swipe on the left side where is usually shows up and nothing. UNBELIEVABLE!!

mrrigney

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
I had this problem but realized my app notifications for "Google Dialer" was blocked. Go to Setup->Sound and Notifications->App Notifications. Scroll down to Google Dialer and make sure it isn't blocked. Worked for me when I removed the Block

1sgmeyers

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
My android just started to have this same issue. The phone rings, screen is black and I can not answer the phone. Does anyone have a fix for this?

girirajjonwal

Jan 25, 2016
Visit site
have this issue a couple of times where I am getting a incoming call as I can here my ringtone but nothing is displaying on the screen so I can't answer it. Its really weird. anyone else have the same issue?

ajay valluri

May 11, 2016
Visit site
Go to Settings>Sounds & notification>App Notification then unblock the Dialler App then everything will be normal again.

I faced the same problem in my nexus 4 and it's working fine with the fix.
Hope it helps!!

Thanks.

catucho

May 18, 2016
Visit site
Thanks (from the future). i have a nexus 5 and did exactly the same thing and your solution worked. The notification box is a little different but is easy to figure out what you meant and voila I can answer my phone again.

Razy Coners

Nov 8, 2016
Visit site
I have this issue a couple of times where I am getting a incoming call as I can here my ringtone but nothing is displaying on the screen so I can't answer it. Its really weird. anyone else have the same issue?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Me too I am frustrating with this problem that my phone's not alerting or showing nothing when I received a call .I just simply can't answer any phone calls since a 2months

Krutika Chitre

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
I don't believe this. Just received an awaited important phone call regarding a lawsuit and the first time this has ever happened, I could see the number calling on the top portion of the screen, but the bottom half, where you swipe, was totally black. I couldn't see the green button to answer the call. I tried to press and swipe on the left side where is usually shows up and nothing. UNBELIEVABLE!!

Hi! The solution is super simple. Go to settings->apps->dialer/phone and unchecked the box that says block notifications / check the box that says enable notifications! :)

moooztar

Mar 28, 2017
Visit site
Hi guys, I have LG Nexus 5X and with 7.1.1 experienced the same. The fix should be rather simple. Go to Settings > Notifications and see the 3 vertical dots top right corner. Click on them and select "Reset app preferences". Seems the update broke something and need the default notifications settings to be able to fix this. Hope it helps someone! Morgan

Kushagra X

Jul 5, 2017
Visit site
Well, I too had this problem and the thing was that my default phone app was not the one that comes pre-installed in stock Android and once I made it the default one, I got my problem solved...
To change your phone app just go to Settings>apps>Phone>Phone app and select the Phone
OR
Go to Setting>app and then click on the settings icon in the top right and select the primary phone app as default!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170705-200850.jpg
    Screenshot_20170705-200850.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 3

Dennis Waddill

Jan 8, 2019
Visit site
I have this issue a couple of times where I am getting a incoming call as I can here my ringtone but nothing is displaying on the screen so I can't answer it. Its really weird. anyone else have the same issue?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I'm having the same problem. I've tried every setting I know.

Last edited by a moderator: