Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By greydarrah
  • 2 Post By LeoRex
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Why should I choose the Nexus 5?

    hi all
    i have Samsung galaxy why i should choose nexus 5 !!
  2. #2  

    Default Re: why i should choose nexus 5 !!

    Why do you want to stop using your Samsung Galaxy? I here its a great smartphone and competes well with the iPhone.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
  3. #3  

    Default Re: why i should choose nexus 5 !!

    I switched, I love my nexus. It depends on what you like?

    Posted via Android Central App
  4. #4  

    Default Re: why i should choose nexus 5 !!

    Best bang for the buck!
    Thanked by:
  5. #5  

    Default Re: why i should choose nexus 5 !!

    Quote Originally Posted by Iggymart View Post
    Best bang for the buck!
    So true

    Posted via Android Central App
  6. #6  

    Default Re: why i should choose nexus 5 !!

    Quote Originally Posted by waleed az View Post
    hi all
    i have Samsung galaxy why i should choose nexus 5 !!
    Which Galaxy (phone?) do you have?

    Anyway, the Nexus 5 is likely "better" than your current device. More powerful hardware, and runs updated vanilla Android, so little to no bloatware along with the newest Android OS. Those reasons aside, it's a matter of preference and what you want to use your device for, how you want to use it, and which features are more important to you, so compare those and decide which you prefer and want more.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: why i should choose nexus 5 !!

    Reasons why:

    1. Powerful, fast, smooth
    2. First in line for system updates from Google
    3. Excellent screen
    4. Solid build, nice materials
    5. Great value, much cheaper than comparable flagships
    6. Solid camera
    7. No extra preinstalled bells & whistles

    Reason why not:
    1. Average battery
    2. No extra preinstalled bells & whistles

    Posted via Android Central App.
    Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.
    Thanked by 3:
  8. #8  

    Default Re: why i should choose nexus 5 !!

    You should choose whichever phone you want, Nobody here really cares what you use. There are an amazing number of great phones out there.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/
    Thanked by 2:
    Sir Alex and Scott7217 like this.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: why i should choose nexus 5 !!

    Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    ...
    Well, to be fair, you should also point out that the battery is not (not easily) user replaceable, and the Nexus 5 doesn't have on-board storage expandability (no SD card). While these aren't issues for me and many others, because we have good internet/network connections and storage options, and the battery works sufficiently for our needs, many people would prefer their devices to have this kind of flexibility.

    However, I wouldn't include "no extra preinstalled bells & whistles" as being a negative thing (even potentially - well, ok, if someone is really that un-tech-savvy, and really likes the Samsung, "experience," or what have you). Nexus 5s, and Android devices in general are hugely customizable with add-on apps, ROMs, kernels, and such. It's easy to set up your Nexus 5 just about however you want it. Even rooting it takes only about 5 to 10 minutes (including downloading related software rooting tools), and is a very simple process (Easy Rooting Guide Using CF-Auto-Root).
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Why should I choose the Nexus 5?

    Good points. Nonremovable batteries are so standard these days among non-Samsung phones that I forgot to mention it. The external SD support provided by Samsung can be a mixed blessing, because there are lots of SD issues raised in these forums, specifically with Samsung devices (eg, corruption, data loss, problems with reading files, etc).

    Posted via Android Central App.
    Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Why should I choose the Nexus 5?

    The reason why I put the lack of bells & whistles as a plus and minus is that some of the added features of manufacturer skins like TouchWiz and Sense are pretty neat, and trying to add them to vanilla Android with other 3rd party solutions is often not as smooth or unified in style. But I agree with you in general, and personally prefer not having the extra features forced on me.

    Posted via Android Central App.
    Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Why should I choose the Nexus 5?

    Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    The reason why I put the lack of bells & whistles as a plus and minus is that some of the added features of manufacturer skins like TouchWiz and Sense are pretty neat, and trying to add them to vanilla Android with other 3rd party solutions is often not as smooth or unified in style. But I agree with you in general, and personally prefer not having the extra features forced on me.
    That is true.... stock Android, especially from someone coming from a Samsung or HTC device, seems pretty sparse. Of course, there are a lot of people looking to simplify.

    Which is funny about the Nexus 5.... there are almost two camps.... first are the people looking to get rid of the noise. Those people got sick of all the crap that Samsung, HTC, Verizon or AT&T load their phones down with.... they wanted a great phone that was untouched by such things. The Nexus 5 is prefect for those types of people... since they are cheap, blazing fast and you are not going to find a cleaner phone.

    The second group... they couldn't give a flip about what anyone loads on their phones since they are ripping out its software guts the instant they take it out of the box. And since some of these phones are coming with baubles and bits that rely on proprietary software and limit their choices (like the S-Pen), getting a phone that doesn't have closed hardware bits is desired. The Nexus 5 is probably the most common 'reference' phone in the dev community.... between its price and it being first in line to get OS updates (meaning they can get custom ROMs at the newest Android MUCH faster)... for those people, the Nexus 5 is perfect.

    But for everyone, it's a cheap, blazing fast and well built phone. It doesn't have the bells and whistles, but I've had a bunch of techy goodies over the years and I've found that I rarely end up using any of those cutesy features that they came with (aka MS Office syndrome).
    B. Diddy and rrballer11 like this.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Why should I choose the Nexus 5?

    Quote Originally Posted by LeoRex View Post
    That is true.... stock Android, especially from someone coming from a Samsung or HTC device, seems pretty sparse. Of course, there are a lot of people looking to simplify.

    Which is funny about the Nexus 5.... there are almost two camps.... first are the people looking to get rid of the noise. Those people got sick of all the crap that Samsung, HTC, Verizon or AT&T load their phones down with.... they wanted a great phone that was untouched by such things. The Nexus 5 is prefect for those types of people... since they are cheap, blazing fast and you are not going to find a cleaner phone.

    The second group... they couldn't give a flip about what anyone loads on their phones since they are ripping out its software guts the instant they take it out of the box. And since some of these phones are coming with baubles and bits that rely on proprietary software and limit their choices (like the S-Pen), getting a phone that doesn't have closed hardware bits is desired. The Nexus 5 is probably the most common 'reference' phone in the dev community.... between its price and it being first in line to get OS updates (meaning they can get custom ROMs at the newest Android MUCH faster)... for those people, the Nexus 5 is perfect.

    But for everyone, it's a cheap, blazing fast and well built phone. It doesn't have the bells and whistles, but I've had a bunch of techy goodies over the years and I've found that I rarely end up using any of those cutesy features that they came with (aka MS Office syndrome).
    Completely agree with your post.

    Posted via Android Central App
  14. #14  

    Default Re: why i should choose nexus 5 !!

    Quote Originally Posted by greydarrah View Post
    There are an amazing number of great phones out there.
    I would agree that there are a lot of great phones out on the market. That's the beauty of Android. You have so many choices.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-10-2014, 09:21 AM
  2. New to Samsung Galaxy S4 what are some features I should know about
    By seanwplandry in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-06-2014, 01:07 PM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-05-2014, 03:59 PM
  4. Why I will get the Galaxy S5 next month
    By gwenael-seattle73 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-05-2014, 12:58 PM
  5. Chromebooks are awesome, and here are examples as to why
    By Golfdriver97 in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-05-2014, 02:16 AM

Posting Permissions