Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default any help there ...

I've been doing a lot of research and am now wondering if it's even possible to attach multiple external cameras to a rooted Nexus 7 (2013 or 2012)? And the next step would be what software (app) to use to display at once?

I've seen plenty of threads where one external back-up camera is added, along with some other attachments. And a few where the Nexus is attached to one webcam.

This is for offroad auto use, in a temporary (on the go) install with the Nexus in a mount. I would like to have multiple permanent external cameras in the front and one in the rear. Four would be great, but even just two would be useful.

I've seen it done with an independent multi display screen, but not on a Nexus 7.

Any ideas or directions to head would be helpful.

Default Re: any help there ...

I you will likly have to write a new API if it is even possible to deal with multiple external video feeds in the first place which might be out of the range of the Android OS currently.

FYI your in the Nexus 5 forum asking about the Nexus 7

Default Re: any help there ...

I doubt the engineers ever planned on this phone being held in a mount for off-road havoc. If I understand your intent, you might expect to have a busted phone. What about using something like the gopro camera?
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG G4!