Nexus 5: Buying advice
I would like some advice on buying a nexus 5 or a Blackberry Q10 (I know the comments might contain bias but would like a balanced opinion).
The questions I have are:
1. How good is the battery life and build quality on the nexus 5? (considering that the 4.4.3 update is to arrive soon)
2. On the nexus 5 does the apps run smoothly? One of the my main concerns about going to Android are the apps not working or not working properly
3. Benefits of having an android over an Blackberry phone?
4. How secure and stable is the OS?
5. Any good apps for the nexus 5 (free and paid)? Security, games etc. (Links if possible please)
6. How is the screen? Is it too large?
6. Is the Nexus 5 not having a removable battery and expandable memory a problem?
7. What accessories would you recommend? I would get a Nexus 5 Case Neo Hybrid (https://www.spigen.com/brands/google...eo-hybrid.html). Anything else?
8. How do you manage your phone? Transferring music? Backing up? Etc
9. How is your Nexus 5 experience? Was it difficult at the beginning but afterwards became better?
10. I'm considering getting an Nexus 5 as Google makes it but should I look at other phones? Like Samsung?
11. Is the stock keyboard good at predictive text or is there an app that is better?
12. Any resources that people would recommend?
Sorry if it is a bit long.
- 04-05-2014, 09:36 PM #2
- 241 Posts
Re: Buying advice
2. The apps run very smooth.. smoothest andriod experience guaranteed. (especially on the Nexus phone line...) & very fast, NO LAG.
3. For one thing, blackberry is falling behind big time. Android (Nexus) is very user friendly and probably the best andriod preforming phone there is. I think Android beats blackberry in almost every category, Apps, support, customization & more.. Best of all Google!
4. The OS is very stable and secure. Just don't go crazy downloading too many apps from unknown sources (not on Google play store).
5. Too many to list, there is a huge app store (Google Play Store) it depends on what you like or want.
6. I think the screen is the perfect size for a phone honestly, Its not big to me... its just right. Almost everyone falls in love with this phone. ( I switched from my Galaxy S4 and I love it)
7. I have the same case on its way as we speak, it will be here Monday!. The case is the only accessory iv really looked into.
8. I use the "Play Music App" to manage my music its a Google service. You can put up to 20,000 songs on their servers that go straight to your "Play Music App" like a MP3 player. (Uses no phone storage) (music is streamed "uses data"). I have the play music app, music manager which uploaded any new music i put into my iTunes or you can put it manually (its very easy).
9. So far so good, I'v had my phone for 2 weeks now & I love it. I wont be switching phones for a while. This phone is very easy to understand and use, also very fun to use.
10. The Nexus 5 is "Manufactured by LG" BUT!!! Google makes all the Calls on the Nexus. LG just puts it together by what Google tells them.(Only Android phone that has this type of convenience). I think the only reason this is, is because Google doesn't manufacturer phones so they make someone else put it together for them. Google does control the phone and Google did design it and all.
Samsung and HTC and most of the other phones manufactures put their own flavor to their andriod OS & bloatware (worthless junk apps) which sometimes cannot be uninstalled. My S4 was a bit laggy compared to my Nexus. Nexus is pure andriod. Nexus also gets the OS updates first, since Nexus is updated straight from Google themselves!.
11. So far so good, if you'd like you play around and download other ones your more then welcomed.
- 04-05-2014, 10:09 PM #3
Re: Buying advice
I have been an avid blackberry fan in the past, owning a handful. My last black berry was a 9310 because my bb 9850 broke (Digitizer).
I love the nexus 5 confident l considerably more. I also have a playbook... Which I don't use anymore except for storage
Posted via Android Central App
- 04-06-2014, 02:19 AM #4
Re: Nexus 5: Buying advice
Welcome to Android Central! I have a Nexus 5, and don't have any direct experience with Blackberry 10. But if you're interested in Android, you can't go wrong with the Nexus 5.
Build quality is excellent. The only complaints I've seen are about a loose-feeling power button that rattles, on earlier builds. Mine does not have this problem.
The lack of external SD is primarily an issue if you like to store a lot of media files (music, photos, videos) locally instead of in the cloud. You wouldn't be able to install apps onto the SD on a Nexus 5 anyway. I would recommend getting a 32 GB Nexus 5 instead of a 16 GB, if storage is a concern.
ZENS Wireless Single Charger - Android Wireless Charging - ShopAndroid
This is my case (in brown): Amazon.com: Caseology LG Google Nexus 5 [Vintage Hybrid Series] - Premium Distressed Leather Shock Absorbent TPU Bumper Case (Black) [Made in Korea] (for Sprint, T-mobile, Unlocked): Cell Phones & Accessories
[GUIDE] Getting Started with Android (2014), Part I: Intro, Homescreens, Settings
[GUIDE] Getting Started with Android (2014), Part II: Installing Apps, Managing Media
[GUIDE] Getting Started with Android (2014), Part III: Managing Contacts
- By Dooyas in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 7Last Post: 05-21-2014, 09:11 AM
- By jakeypride in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 6Last Post: 04-07-2014, 08:13 AM
- By e_thorpe88 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 10Last Post: 04-06-2014, 04:32 PM
- By Soundtrack to Chaos in forum HTC One (M8)Replies: 3Last Post: 04-04-2014, 07:33 PM