Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    521 Global Posts

Question Looking for opinions Nexus 5 call quality?

Hi All,
    I might be needing a phone to get me through the next 5 months or so on AT&T and was looking for opinions, & real life use on the call quality of the Nexus 5, looking on several forums on different websites it appears a mixed bag of call quality ranging from OK call quality to not very good. I was looking for feedback from people who actually own and use a Nexus 5 on AT&T, my main concern is call quality & phone signal, I already know what the rest of the phone is capable of. Thank You.

Default Re: Looking for opinions Nexus 5 call quality?

No problems here. I can here the caller great and the caller has never complained of any issues hearing me.

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts

I have a Nexus 5 and several of my friends have it also. The call quality is decent nothing outstanding, but there is one issue that 2 of my friends have that I don't. When they are talking on the phone and put the phone on there shoulder because there hands are not free then there voice goes down drastically. The weird part is both of them have the red Nexus and my other friends with black and white don't have that issue.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    521 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trekk View Post
    I have a Nexus 5 and several of my friends have it also. The call quality is decent nothing outstanding, but there is one issue that 2 of my friends have that I don't. When they are talking on the phone and put the phone on there shoulder because there hands are not free then there voice goes down drastically. The weird part is both of them have the red Nexus and my other friends with black and white don't have that issue.
    Thanks, good to know .

Posted via Android Central App

Did you get this phone, and do you have an opinion on AT&T call quality with it? I just ordered one but have second thoughts after reading some of these threads.

I've has my nexus 5 since February, I'm on straight talks at&t sim, have experienced great call quality on this phone. Way better than my previous experience on the Verizon network..

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts

I've been very happy with the call quality of the N5 on AT&T

Call quality its great on my Nexus 5 at AT&T.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    10,971 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Call quality is good on Sprint using my Nexus 5.

Fact a Nexus 5 to Nexus 5 call quality it incredible and even off the scale great on T-Mobile than the lower quality I get when I talk to my friends Samsung S5 that is also on T-Mobile. Nexus 5 to Nexus 5 sound quality is like Stereo compared to mono sound quality to other phones at least on T-Mobile.

Global Posts
    1,978 Global Posts

This phone has great call quality, it's very clear and loud, and the speaker phone is exceptionally well done...I don't have a Bluetooth headphone speaker and while driving can have full conversations on speaker crystal clear. Very good phone for calling, I'm very impressed overall.

Posted via the Android Central App

I'm on T-Mobile and my call quality is great. I haven't had any issues.

I've used my N5 both in the states and internationally. Although this is probably due carriers, people told me calls sounded better in the States vs abroad. I've never had a problem hearing people, though.

Posted with my Nexus 5

Great call quality on Cricket. No cimplaints from my hard of hearing mom, lol.