Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default my master volume control resets itself... daily

Hello!
    On my Nexus 5 the master volume control under settings seems to reset itself daily. The notifications and alarm volume setting turns down to very low even when I have set it to the highest volume level earlier that day or the day before. Its a problem when I'm using my phone as an alarm because I'll sleep through the alarm when it goes off and is very quiet! Does anybody have this issue as well? is there anything I can do to stop it from resetting itself? Please help.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    18,856 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: my master volume control resets itself... daily

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah1564 View Post
    Hello!
    On my Nexus 5 the master volume control under settings seems to reset itself daily. The notifications and alarm volume setting turns down to very low even when I have set it to the highest volume level earlier that day or the day before. Its a problem when I'm using my phone as an alarm because I'll sleep through the alarm when it goes off and is very quiet! Does anybody have this issue as well? is there anything I can do to stop it from resetting itself? Please help.

Welcome to the forums.
    I would try rebooting into recovery and clearing cache. See if that helps. There may be a data conflict between some of the updates.
    Here is how: [GUIDE] Nexus 5 Recovery

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Default Re: my master volume control resets itself... daily

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah1564 View Post
    Hello!

Are you quite positive that you have never installed any of the various apps which are capable of adjusting things like volume levels on a time schedule and/or other schedule and/or based on current location? For example, I have a Tasker task which automatically lowers my volumes the moment my N5 connects to my office Wi-Fi network and then raises them back up when I connect to my home Wi-Fi.

Can you say definitively at what time of day or under what circumstances the volume levels are resetting?