Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default microphone issue

Got my nexus 5 about 3 months ago and I love it! However, I have noticed that when I talk on the phone allot of times people have a hard time hearing me. I have to hold the phone very close to my mouth or people say that it sounds like I'm really really far away and am inaudible. I have the Google branded nexus bumper case, so it shouldn't be because my case is covering the mic.... I'm wondering if this is an isolated hardware issue with MY phone or if anyone else is having this problem too!?!? It's been this way ever since I got it...

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: microphone issue

This has been a known issue on the nexus 5. I've been out of touch with tech for a while but I THINK the rumored 4.4.3 rumor is supposed to fix it. If not you could always rma it since your only 3 months in.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    7,398 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

I don't have any issues with the mic picking up my voice. Have you tried making calls without the case. I don't see the case causing that much of a difference, but you never know.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Some N5's have this issue and some don't (mine does). It seems to be a problem with noise cancellation. If you are rooted you can disable the noise cancelling from within the build.prop (in system dir) by changing persist.audio.fluence.voicecall=true to false. This worked for me. If you're not rooted, hopefully the next software update will fix it. Also, If you ever use a headset with your phone (with a mic), the problem does not occur while you're plugged in.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/