Questions about different launchers

ianhanson85

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
So I have been experimenting with different launchers and had a few questions. 1.) Are you able to get Google now with any of the other launchers? 2.) Are you able to change the icons on the default Google launcher?

Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Google now will work with 3rd party launchers. You can also assign a gesture (swipe left, swipe right, etc) in Nova Launcher to launch Google Now.

Icon changer will allow you to change the icons in the google launcher.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...tails?id=com.jy.iconchanger.ad&token=RQHJzddV

If you want to easily change all of the icons at once, then using an icon pack with a 3rd party launcher (Nova, Action, etc) would be the best option.

gidgiddonihah

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
The 'Okay Google' and swipe to the right to get the cards features are unique to the Google Launcher. You can get standard Google Now features with any launcher though.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I think I know what is going on...

Google Now is open to all devices, being introduced with Android 4.1.... Now, Google tends to roll things out on a Nexus phone.... So when they REALLY wanted to show off Google Now, they built a launcher around it and made it as the default launcher for the Nexus 5. Currently, the Google Launcher is the only one that is integrated with Now, where it is the left most screen on the desktop.

But Google Now still remains as a stand-alone search application and can be accessed via any 3rd party launcher. It just has to be launched via a link, or the Nav ring, etc...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith