Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default can't post photos to photography contest threads.

I've tried numerous times to post a photo to the focus and blur contest thread and I keep getting an error message that says "you may not have permission to do this action" I have posted photos to other threads and have no idea why I can't post to this one. Help?

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Default Re: can't post photos to photography contest threads.

Quote Originally Posted by xdiexsectx View Post
    I've tried numerous times to post a photo to the focus and blur contest thread and I keep getting an error message that says "you may not have permission to do this action" I have posted photos to other threads and have no idea why I can't post to this one. Help?

Well, I think you are still a new user as you haven't given enough contribution in the forums !! So climb up to the ladder ....

Same here..I've had no problems in the past. This really sucks.

I think it might be a server problem. I had problems since Thursday night, I think.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

I am having the same problem.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Update: I saw the announcement the option to attach photos from the AC app to posts is now available. Initially the permissions error I get in the AC Forums app occurred, however my latest attempt was successful in attaching photo directly from Gallery. Thank you Android Central!

Original: I've had the same issue. I always get that error with the AC Forums app when attempting to attach a photo. Logging out and back in doesn't work, and copying a URL from G+ or my Flickr doesn't do the trick either. What worked for me previously was sharing URL directly from Flickr for Android to AC Forums app but this funcionailty has been removed since a recent update. Guess I'll have to use mylaptop unless another technique is revealed. Lame.
    Link attempts from AC Forums app...
    https://flic.kr/p/nmbBL4

[IMG] https://flic.kr/p/nmbBL4 [/IMG]

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/50322551@N00/14011893463/in/set-72157644594761865/player/" width="75" height="75" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by roundwound5; 05-11-2014 at 09:28 PM.

It worked from the Android Central App using the Attach photo option in the menu from replying to the post! This is great, except I got the old error trying to attach the same photo in the Photo Contest...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails can't post photos to photography contest threads.-img_20140511_151027.jpg  
    Last edited by roundwound5; 05-11-2014 at 07:01 PM.