Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LeoRex
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Screen Protecter

Do you think screen guard is needed for gorilla glad 3?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Screen Protecter

Quote Originally Posted by Soham26 View Post

I believe so. Mine got a tiny hairline scratch so I bought a screen protector just the other day from the same company as my case, spigen

I drank a little too much the other night and dropped my phone outside. If I didn't have a screen protector and case on it, I'd be hating life right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Briggs View Post
    I drank a little too much the other night and dropped my phone outside. If I didn't have a screen protector and case on it, I'd be hating life right now.
    That's one of the reasons I got mine

Quote Originally Posted by Soham26 View Post
    I had a plastic one on there that got trashed on a recent vacation. So I ran naked for nearly two months, without so much as a hint of a scratch.

BUT....

I was nervous the entire time. I obsessively made sure my pockets were clean, but most of the time, I grabbed shirts that had breast pockets heh.... I cleaned it all the time, checked for scratches... I was WAY too obsessive. But I really disliked the feel of that plastic, compared to stock, so I risked it. But I picked up a tempered glass protector from Nikay... TOTALLY worth it. It was easy to install, pretty much covers the phone edge to edge (the plastic one that T-Mobile threw in left a lip down at the bottom that aggravated the hell out of me) and, best of all, it's as silky smooth as the real screen.

Now I don't care so much. If I end up scratching the screen now, I just buy another glass protector for $15. If I didn't have one and scratched the real screen, I would be cheaper if I just pay the deductible and have T-Mobile replace the whole thing... it would still cost me a pretty penny.

But, I will say this.... GG3 is pretty durable. I went two months carrying this thing around with me and a couple of drops, and the screen was as flawless as the day I got it. So it does hold up pretty well to normal wear and tear. But I'd rather risk scratching the protector.
    Oliver Telfor likes this.

Drop mine twice face down on pavement/concrete. Not high enough to crack, but my screen isn't still-new looking w/o screen protection.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk