- 04-19-2014, 07:06 PM #2
- 35 Posts
Read through the forums, and you will find a lot of info about the signal indicator for Nexus 5. The phone in general I have found gets decent signal on par with other phones that are available.
The issue as I have come to understand lies with the Nexus 5 running vanilla Android and not adhering to any particular carrier's algorithms to indicate signal strength .
As such the phone often shows one to two bars lower than it should and sometimes reads no signal when in fact the phone does have good signal in terms of dBm.
- 04-19-2014, 11:47 PM #3
Re: Nexus 5 vs Gnex reception on T-Mobile
That has been my experience as well. I'll often see 1 or 2 bars, but reception has been fine. I've actually gotten better cell reception on T-Mobile than Verizon in the Silicon Valley (especially Cupertino).
- By Stephanie54729 in forum LG G2Replies: 4Last Post: 01-27-2015, 04:38 AM
- By Ritergeek in forum IntroductionsReplies: 15Last Post: 04-23-2014, 03:45 PM
- By Double Tap in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 2Last Post: 04-21-2014, 04:18 AM
- By Crispy in forum Verizon LG G2Replies: 1Last Post: 04-20-2014, 07:14 PM
- By baseball435 in forum Android App InventorReplies: 0Last Post: 04-19-2014, 04:10 PM