Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Has anyone yet received 4.4.3 on their Nexus 5?

21st April is 4.4.3 update date anyone have it?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Has anyone yet received 4.4.3 on their Nexus 5?

Nope

Nexus FTW

I think sprint jumped the gun in announcing it, but it will probably be out by the end of the month

Posted via NSA Spy Van 37...... Free candy??

Quote Originally Posted by Soham26 View Post
    21st April is 4.4.3 update date anyone have it?

There has been no official announcement of the update date, only speculation and rumors thus far. As stated above Sprint jumped the gun on announcing the update.

But to answer your question, no 4.4.3 update here either.

Nexus 5 4.4.2 (rooted)
    ~Keith

Nexus 5 - 4.4.2 (rooted) on T-Mobile
    Nexus 7 (2012)- 4.4.2 (rooted)

None here unrooted N5 T Mobile

I don't think it's been pushed to the public yet. We'll know soon, though.

Google sure taking there sweet old time releasing it. With 4.4.2 major battery bug and the fact that it is still being pushed to other phones I am not pleased. I switched from Apple to Android because you had to JB just to do about anything and Android is much more open however Apple at least patched updates, if iOS 7 had a battery drain issue it would have been fixed already. Also your able to get them the day they were released not this having to wait over 2 weeks thing like with Android.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyr6 View Post
    Google sure taking there sweet old time releasing it. With 4.4.2 major battery bug and the fact that it is still being pushed to other phones I am not pleased. I switched from Apple to Android because you had to JB just to do about anything and Android is much more open however Apple at least patched updates, if iOS 7 had a battery drain issue it would have been fixed already. Also your able to get them the day they were released not this having to wait over 2 weeks thing like with Android.
    That's because android is OTA not hook up to crap iTunes and DL a file. Different update system. I'm not a fan of these batch updates either, but it's there to protect you from further issues. The bug wasn't that bad, usually a reboot would fix it, at least temporarily.

Thanked by:
    J T M 

This is how i feel everyday when i wake up and looking through the internet to see if it got released

in this exact order my emotion changes and this has been going on for a week now when stupid sprint released the info way to early and kept everyone's hopes up.
    gidgiddonihah and tonyr6 like this.

Should we switch back to Dalvik (if we're on ART) before getting the update, or does it not matter?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmumbles View Post
    Should we switch back to Dalvik (if we're on ART) before getting the update, or does it not matter?

Does not matter. Updates are released based on the phones imei number. Then staggered over a couple of weeks.

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Im waiting for it to be released. With the leaked reports of Data instability being fixed i got excited considering my Nexus suffers dearly from that issue. Im using my Note 3 until then.

Quote Originally Posted by maverick7526 View Post
    Does not matter. Updates are released based on the phones imei number. Then staggered over a couple of weeks.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by maverick7526 View Post
    That's because android is OTA not hook up to crap iTunes and DL a file. Different update system. I'm not a fan of these batch updates either, but it's there to protect you from further issues. The bug wasn't that bad, usually a reboot would fix it, at least temporarily.

100% false. In fact I just installed an OTA on the iphone5s.

Not trying to start a platform argument but I dare say the ip5s has gotten more OTAs than the N5. I know, I know google put a bunch of stuff in play store so it is still apples/oranges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    tonyr6 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rxnelson View Post
    100% false. In fact I just installed an OTA on the iphone5s.

Not trying to start a platform argument but I dare say the ip5s has gotten more OTAs than the N5. I know, I know google put a bunch of stuff in play store so it is still apples/oranges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Your right I was not sure if apple had ota's yet. Android has been doing it since cupcake, or ginger bread. It's nice to see apple catching up to the times ;-) Google has dropped a ton of their apps into the play store to make it easier to update. Idk why an android update takes so long to release. Having never owned an iPhone, I am unsure about it's frequency of updates.

Apple still trying to figure out the security in that finger print scanner?

Nexus FTW

Quote Originally Posted by tonyr6 View Post
    If Google allowed only one Android cell phone design and single manufacture with almost the same hardware like the over priced Fruit phone the bug would be fixed also. Since this 4.4.3 update will be across several devices by different manufactures with different hardware it will come out slowly to ensure any major problems are found before complete distribution. Android runs about 70% of the worlds smartphones compared to the Fruit company 21% since they only wants to market their products to rich customers. Really is a 10 days roll out a deal killer to make sure it has less issues? Even with this major 4.4.2 battery bug I am getting about 35 hour out of my Nexus 5 between charges. Last time I checked many people with the iPhone 5s message boards are complaining about their i5s limited battery time also.

Whey you buy a Nexus you should have known you are on the front line and cutting edge of every new Android OS release when you got the phone.
    Last edited by Shilohcane; 04-23-2014 at 08:10 AM.

Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Shilohcane View Post
    If Google allowed only one Android cell phone design and single manufacture with almost the same hardware like the over priced Fruit phone the bug would be fixed also. Since this 4.4.3 update will be across several devices by different manufactures with different hardware it will come out slowly to ensure any major problems are found before complete distribution.
    While I agree with the rest of your post, and am ok with the slight delay while El Goog fixes any known bugs, I'm not sure I agree with the first part of your post. The 4.4.3 update the Google will push out is only for the Nexus devices. Manufacturers for all other devices will take the code, customize it for their devices, (add their bloat), test, send to carrier for testing (back and forth), and then release it. So, while Android does run on a huge variety of devices, that shouldn't/doesn't impact the release of the OS update to the Nexus devices.

Fruit phone . Made me laugh.
    Anyway I just want 4.4.3 to come out to fix this battery drain wavelock issues so I don't have to reboot my phone every few days. I can care less about new features.
    lets_go_android and iamdld like this.

i want it

I don't think anyone here has 4.4.3 as you can't even download and sideload it. With all the false rumors going around I am waiting for a real announcement from Google.
    Asus Nexus 7 Tablet (2013) - Stock Android 4.4.4 on WiFi.
    LG Nexus 5 Phone (2013) - Stock Android 4.4.4 on T-Mobile LTE and WiFi.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

35 hr send the screen shot I got 20 to 24 hr.

Quote Originally Posted by Shilohcane View Post
    If Google allowed only one Android cell phone design and single manufacture with almost the same hardware like the over priced Fruit phone the bug would be fixed also.
    I've never disagreed more on this site, about something I've read. Part of the beauty of android is the ability for manufacturers to take it and put it on whatever phone they want. If android was on only 1 piece of hardware, I'd have to wait until there was a true linux phone (android is linux based) that isn't limited. I'm an open source/linux user, and won't be a slave to apple's iLife and windows crap.

Secondly, I can't believe people are freaking out because google won't release an update when they want it, instead of waiting until it's ready.
    nokia4life and Iggymart like this.

I agree Android is much better than iOS which you can't even stinking set a default browser as you were stuck with crappy Safari without JB. Come on. Just they are slower with the updates but now I understand that there are many different kinds of phones and tablets made by different manufacturers but Apple iOS only runs on Apple hardware and nothing else so it is easier to update.
    Asus Nexus 7 Tablet (2013) - Stock Android 4.4.4 on WiFi.
    LG Nexus 5 Phone (2013) - Stock Android 4.4.4 on T-Mobile LTE and WiFi.

Might this update improve battery life?
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast