New nexus 5 owner = Love the Phone vs iPhone, S5, G2, etc

life4eva

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Prior to this phone I had a Nexus 4 which I traded for an LG G2. I had the Nexus 4 on Straight Talk which was a pretty good experience minus the 2.0-2.5Gb Cap. I was tired of dealing with that and I went to T-Mobile and got an LG-G2 7 months ago along with my Wife which I got her an iPhone (sold an S3). Truth be told I never really liked the LG G2, phone too big and hated the software. After 7 months I just traded it for a Nexus 5 and I must say I love the phone. The simplistic software and the way it's organized and how everything just interacts with one another is simply beautiful.

My only knock against the phone is the speaker and battery, the good thing is I already got used to the average speaker and I bought a wireless charger for the Nexus which I love. One feature I really like is the HDR of the camera which the LG G2 lacked.

Now comparing phones I simply hated the bloatware on the LG G2 and the design of the phone, at first I liked it but after about a month I really changed my mind. The iPhone is really a great phone that just works, I really like it, problem is the screen was too small. Now the new S5 Galaxy just has too MUCH things going on and still looks like the same old, my wife likes the phone but I can't stand the design or the software.

I know LG makes the Nexus, but it's really all about the software and the simply design integrated with Google that just works......

The only other phone I owned briefly which I really liked as well was the Sony Xperia z1s, really liked that phone and would have bought it, but at almost $700 I decided to past. In the $400 range and above I feel the Nexus is the perfect medium and honestly I doubt I would ever buy any other phone which is more expensive.

Thanks!!!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your thoughts! I love my N5 as well.

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

M Max

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I love my iPhone5 more than my N5. That's why I gave it to lord Neptune in the chilling waters of kansai bay.
My iPhone was very useful. It can connect with all my laptop, tethering was godly, great Bluetooth ( I can transfer anything with my PC) and copying CD that I just bought was really awesome!
IPhone NFC and imap was really an astonishing innovation. My iPhone was really worth the money.

Last edited: