really love the ok google voice control

M Max

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
But sometimes it got mixed up between bringing up search or taking an order from me.
Maybe android should think of other command like "Let's Google!" for search order and "OK Google" for ordering the phone to do other things than internet search.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
But sometimes it got mixed up between bringing up search or taking an order from me.
Maybe android should think of other command like "Let's Google!" for search order and "OK Google" for ordering the phone to do other things than internet search.

Mine works great. Have not had any issues with commands vs. search.

bulletmark

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't see the point of using "OK Google". Unlike the Moto-X, you have unlock to the homescreen before using it so you may was well just press the mic button. That's arguably easier and quicker than bothering saying "OK Google". So you may as well turn hotword detection off and save a little battery. On the N5 and N4 it is pointless.

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't see the point of using "OK Google". Unlike the Moto-X, you have unlock to the homescreen before using it so you may was well just press the mic button. That's arguably easier and quicker than bothering saying "OK Google". So you may as well turn hotword detection off and save a little battery. On the N5 and N4 it is pointless.

Couldn't agree more. But I do like using it if I'm on the home screens. I understand why Google didn't do the Moto X way because the N5 was already well into production it having its on core to handle it but there's the rumor of Google bring voice commands anywhere, so I can't wait for it to see if its true

Posted via Android Central App

bulletmark

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Couldn't agree more. But I do like using it if I'm on the home screens.

That's contradictory. You agree that the function is completely pointless and a waste of time, yet you like using it?!

I understand why Google didn't do the Moto X way because the N5 was already well into production it having its on core to handle it.

That doesn't make sense. Either the N5 hardware is capable of processing "always on" voice control, in which case Google should have included the function, or it is not capable in which case they should not have added this useless alternative.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site

Don't agree. It is easy to unlock the home screen without looking when you are driving and just say "OK Google CALL John Green" or "OK Google TEXT Joe Black" than taking your eyes off the road.

Also, since my Nexus 5 when unlocked in a noisy bar has hears something that puts it into "OK Google" mode several times, I sure don't want that Always Listening mode like the Moto X if it was in my pocket if lots of sounds can trigger "OK Google" and start doing searches or worst pocket dialing a friend.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463