Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Nexus 5: Hangout is now sluggish for me

So after the Hangouts update that app seems sluggish for me on my N5 although I've read some others here that state it's smoother for them.

- When I use AirDroid it says I have 55,000 messages. Could this be making it sluggish? (It was fine before the update.)
    - Sometimes a contact's avatar isn't shown in the Notifications or even the list of Hangouts (just the generic image), but if I go into the specific Hangout it appears.
    - My outgoing words aren't in green highlight. Does the green only appear for non-SMS Hangouts? Currently I only use the SMS portion of Hangouts.
    - When I go to Take Video I have to hit the record button twice now before it starts recording. Is this normal?

The sluggishness is mainly when I open a Hangout from the list of people/hangouts. There's sometimes a pause with the circle loading image for a second. The lag is annoying when I'm jumping around Hangouts.

(Having Location added as the last attachment menu item is really throwing me off.)