can't receive text from iphone users.. what else to do?

Pixiuser

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Still cant receive text from iphone user after 2 weeks.

My phone number is removed from imessage server confirmed with apple.

I have deleted Iphone user contacts.

I am still not receiving text from iphone users.

I need to know what else to do.

If no other choice I will have to return the phone.

Please advise.

vtpmt81

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

Please advise.

First, make sure by going online and seeing that your phone number is not still connected to your Apple ID.
https://appleid.apple.com/
Log in (Enter Apple ID and password) and then select Phone Numbers. Delete the phone number from your Apple ID account.

Secondly - Make sure the people that you know with iPhones have 'Send as SMS' turned on under messages in the setting menu. It turns this off for some people that update to iOS 7.1.

Pixiuser

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
I checked apple log on ....iphone 5 no longer accositated. ...

But at one point my wife iphone was able to sent me a ms text and it went back to imessage

vtpmt81

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Does she have 'Send as SMS' turned on under Settings/Messages? What that does is send iMessages as SMS for people that don't have iPhones/when Apple servers are down/etc.

Pixiuser

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
I had my wife shut off I message and send me a text message as a SMS the text goes thru afterwards but as soon as she turns on the iMessage again and she sends me a text it goes as an iMessage what else can I do to have this fixed

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue but it's only MMS that doesn't come through from anyone with an iPhone. I'm using Hangouts and have to have Textra on my phone, too, so I can read and download these messages. I just removed my phone number from Apple, but I've never had any issue until this phone. And the last time I had an iPhone was over a year ago.

vtpmt81

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I had my wife shut off I message and send me a text message as a SMS the text goes thru afterwards but as soon as she turns on the iMessage again and she sends me a text it goes as an iMessage what else can I do to have this fixed

Your wife can leave iMessage on - she just needs to have 'Send as SMS' checked and that should fix your issue.

Also - make sure your contact information/mobile phone number in her phone is listed as 'mobile' and not under 'iPhone'.

MBSMD

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
It is extremely important that BEFORE you switch from iOS to Android that you turn iMessage off (sign out) on *all* of your devices associated with your Apple ID - iPads, iPhones, iPod touches and Macs.

This needs to be done before you pull your SIM card out of your phone. If you miss a device and don't fully sign out, you'll continue to have this problem.

This cannot be stressed enough. Sign out of iMessage on all your devices. You should have your SIM card in your phone when you sign out on your iPhone.

See, Apple's database links your mobile number to your Apple ID when you sign in to iMessage the first time from your phone. This is how you're able to receive iMessages on your iPad from other Apple users who sent the iMessage to your mobile number (the iPhone looks up your number, sees it is associated with an Apple ID, then sends the message to Apple's servers instead of via SMS). The only reliable way of clearing this is to sign out of iMessage on your phone and sign out on every other iOS/MacOS device.

Now, there are other causes, too. Your friends may be sending messages to your *Apple ID* (like an old Blackberry PIN) and not actually your mobile phone #. Those will continue to fail unless they're using your phone #. And if they've turned off SMS on their devices, like stated above, there's nothing you can do but encourage them to turn it back on.

Also, if they're sending you a message, they can force it to go to SMS, which may speed up the process of their devices realizing your phone number is no longer associated with an iPhone.

But, and I can't stress enough, every device that uses your Apple ID needs to be signed out of iMessage first. Then, once you're receiving SMS's from iPhone users, you can turn back on iMessage on your non-iPhone iOS devices if you want (via your Apple ID, but this time there will be no phone # linked to it).

Posted via Android Central App

Pixiuser

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Ok I tired to send teXT as send as text message it works during the conversation.
But when you start a new conversation it works back to imessage. My iPhone is unregistered from imessage server all devices iphone and iPad logged out of imessage and signed in with different username. Should I also unregister my ipad?

What are my other options?

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
It is extremely important that BEFORE you switch from iOS to Android that you turn iMessage off (sign out) on *all* of your devices associated with your Apple ID - iPads, iPhones, iPod touches and Macs.

This needs to be done before you pull your SIM card out of your phone. If you miss a device and don't fully sign out, you'll continue to have this problem.

This cannot be stressed enough. Sign out of iMessage on all your devices. You should have your SIM card in your phone when you sign out on your iPhone.

See, Apple's database links your mobile number to your Apple ID when you sign in to iMessage the first time from your phone. This is how you're able to receive iMessages on your iPad from other Apple users who sent the iMessage to your mobile number (the iPhone looks up your number, sees it is associated with an Apple ID, then sends the message to Apple's servers instead of via SMS). The only reliable way of clearing this is to sign out of iMessage on your phone and sign out on every other iOS/MacOS device.

Now, there are other causes, too. Your friends may be sending messages to your *Apple ID* (like an old Blackberry PIN) and not actually your mobile phone #. Those will continue to fail unless they're using your phone #. And if they've turned off SMS on their devices, like stated above, there's nothing you can do but encourage them to turn it back on.

Also, if they're sending you a message, they can force it to go to SMS, which may speed up the process of their devices realizing your phone number is no longer associated with an iPhone.

But, and I can't stress enough, every device that uses your Apple ID needs to be signed out of iMessage first. Then, once you're receiving SMS's from iPhone users, you can turn back on iMessage on your non-iPhone iOS devices if you want (via your Apple ID, but this time there will be no phone # linked to it).

Posted via Android Central App

But I never had any issue with any Android phone until now. And it works with Textra but not with Hangouts. So I'm not getting where the issue is.

MBSMD

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Ok I tired to send teXT as send as text message it works during the conversation.
But when you start a new conversation it works back to imessage. My iPhone is unregistered from imessage server all devices iphone and iPad logged out of imessage and signed in with different username. Should I also unregister my ipad?

What are my other options?
If you're still able, I suggest putting the SIM back in the iPhone, signing in to iMessage, then signing out of iMessage.

I have both an iPhone and an Android phone and I often swap back and forth. As long as I sign out of iMessage before swapping the SIM, I've not had any trouble switching phones back and forth.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
If you're still able, I suggest putting the SIM back in the iPhone, signing in to iMessage, then signing out of iMessage.

I have both an iPhone and an Android phone and I often swap back and forth. As long as I sign out of iMessage before swapping the SIM, I've not had any trouble switching phones back and forth.

I had my mother (who has an iPhone and hasn't been able to send me pics) turn send as SMS on in her settings and it has seemed to work for me. I still wonder why this has happened on both my N5 and GPE M8. Because it never happened on my S4 or Moto X.

Empress615

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I recently switched from iphone to android.....I texted STOP to 48369 and received a response back stating my number has been removed from apples server....Also I heard resetting apple ID password works as well.....also have the iphone users delete your conversation thread. Hope this helps

foreveryoung15

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
I have never owned an iphone or any apple account and I can't receive text messages of any sort from my husband who uses an iphone. my carrier says my phone is set correctly but to no avail. I must figure this out or phone will be sold. I switched from a Samsung proclaim to a galaxy s3. the crazy part is the texts I don't receive on my new phone come in on my old phone that is not suppost to be active. if anyone calls me it comes thru new phone but texts from same person goes to old phone!

lindajj

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
I also have never owned an iPhone and two of my friends with iPhones suddenly can't text me (well, it's been a couple of weeks now).

jonequest2013

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
It is funny how this is a problem caused by Apple but we Android users are the ones who have to suffer for it. Apple fans will say it is an Android problem but if were them not getting Android texts it would still be called an Android problem.

darlene goddard

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
Re: can't receive text from some but not all iphone users.. what else to do?

I receive text messages from some iphone users but not all. I have never owned an iphone, nor was my phone number ever registered to an iphone

nattyboh

Sep 28, 2018
Visit site
Hey! I just had this problem tonight with my friend on my account who had an iPhone and switched to Android. She could send me texts and I would get them, but she would not get my responses.

Ultimately, T-Mobile changed her phone number, and it now works.

The problem was that when her old iPhone was unregistered from Apple ID and factory reset in the store when she traded it in, the phone number becomes unassociated with Apple, but her phone number still stayed associated with iMessage, and that is a setting Apple or T-Mobile would have had to do separately.

After a phone number change, she can now receive texts from all iPhone users with no problem. If this helps, she now has a Galaxy Note 9, in case that matters.

Change your number if you're not attached to it. Your carrier should do this for free since there is no other resolution at this time.

Hope this helps! :)

Please advise.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon