Anyone Else Tempted by the upcoming Moto X deal?

Iggymart

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm seriously considering this addition, but not to replace my N5.

Posted via Android Central App

UPDATE: Not going to do it. (5/01/14)

Last edited:

StayingAlert

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
This looks like a great deal. The Moto X and the Nexus 5 are the best deals going today. I'm very happy with my Nexus 5, but I notified my adult daughter about the Moto X.

My guess is that these top-tier phones selling unsubsidized (off-contract) at reasonable prices will be very popular. Having an unlocked phone that can be used on multiple carriers is a big advantage.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I was thinking about it for my wife but the 720p display is just a deal breaker. Granted anything above 1080p is over kill and just waists batteries time but it is just hard to get past the 720p barrier in my brain even if she wouldn't even notice.

dan1431

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
It is a great phone, I am just not sure it is a wise investment this close to the next and possibly last Google inspired Moto phone to be announced.

Dan

kd0h

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Nah, they probably are just trying to get rid of inventory before the Moto X2/One+ is announced and the X is an after thought.

Now the new one will have my eye, but I love my N5 so it will take ask s lot to get me to switch.

Nexus 5 4.4.2 (rooted)

Last edited:

Sarah Khan1

May 1, 2014
Visit site
I am facing the same dilemma. I have the option of buying either the Moto X today for the promotional price or the Nexus 5. Can anyone please tell me if there is a big difference in the speakers on both these phones. From the reviews I've seen it seems that Nexus 5's speaker is pretty bad as compared to Moto X's for audio playback. If someone has used both these phones can you please give a comparison. thanks!

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I am facing the same dilemma. I have the option of buying either the Moto X today for the promotional price or the Nexus 5. Can anyone please tell me if there is a big difference in the speakers on both these phones. From the reviews I've seen it seems that Nexus 5's speaker is pretty bad as compared to Moto X's for audio playback. If someone has used both these phones can you please give a comparison. thanks!

I can tell you for certain the MX speakers are much better and louder.

kd0h

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
They already did on 4.4.2. Could they do it again? Yes. Will they? Obviously we won't know until then, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Nexus 5 4.4.2 (rooted)

udazavlanje

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site

Moto X has surprisingly loud speaker and charity is holding up well too. It's not as rich and full as HTC One but I can't ask for more. I literally have to keep it at lower volume sometimes (asked to be considerate :))
My friend's N5 is way below standard- expectations for a flagship device. I don't know how to rate it, but it's very weak.
If you are using speakers a lot, it's really a deal breaker. Just like the camera on Moto X for those who are snapping all the time.

VZW Moto X

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Do you think it's a software issue on part of the N5 that could be fixed in future updates?

The Moto X speakers are exceptionally loud. I doubt a software update would get the N5 anywhere near the MX. Loudest speaker I have ever heard

Sent from my Galaxy S4

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Did not know about it until today! Wonder if they will extend it since it was only one day in length?

Probably not. They've done this a couple of times already though, and with their next smartphone being announced next week, I would imagine they'd do it again eventually.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781