Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone Else Tempted by the upcoming Moto X deal?

Global Posts
    8,728 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: Anyone Else Tempted by the upcoming Moto X deal?

Wish I could, but I'm holding out for the Moto X2/+1. Already have a JUMP! upgrade available
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

I'm seriously considering this addition, but not to replace my N5.

Posted via Android Central App

UPDATE: Not going to do it. (5/01/14)
    Last edited by Iggymart; 05-01-2014 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Change of heart

If I had the money, yes :P.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    -Retired -
    8GB Toshiba Thrive
    AT&T Apple iPhone 3G
    AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-i777

-Current-
    Google Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Apple iPad 4 64GB Black

This looks like a great deal. The Moto X and the Nexus 5 are the best deals going today. I'm very happy with my Nexus 5, but I notified my adult daughter about the Moto X.

My guess is that these top-tier phones selling unsubsidized (off-contract) at reasonable prices will be very popular. Having an unlocked phone that can be used on multiple carriers is a big advantage.

Think I will wait for one+/one.
    Robbie317 likes this.

I was thinking about it for my wife but the 720p display is just a deal breaker. Granted anything above 1080p is over kill and just waists batteries time but it is just hard to get past the 720p barrier in my brain even if she wouldn't even notice.

Global Posts
    327 Global Posts

It is a great phone, I am just not sure it is a wise investment this close to the next and possibly last Google inspired Moto phone to be announced.

Dan

Nah, they probably are just trying to get rid of inventory before the Moto X2/One+ is announced and the X is an after thought.

Now the new one will have my eye, but I love my N5 so it will take ask s lot to get me to switch.

Nexus 5 4.4.2 (rooted)
    Last edited by kd0h; 05-01-2014 at 02:26 PM.
    ~Keith

Nexus 5 - 4.4.2 (rooted) on T-Mobile
    Nexus 7 (2012)- 4.4.2 (rooted)

Global Posts
    402 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jerrykur View Post
    Think I will wait for one+/one.
    Me too, the oneplus one looks pretty interesting, and Oppo seems to be making pretty good products lately

I am facing the same dilemma. I have the option of buying either the Moto X today for the promotional price or the Nexus 5. Can anyone please tell me if there is a big difference in the speakers on both these phones. From the reviews I've seen it seems that Nexus 5's speaker is pretty bad as compared to Moto X's for audio playback. If someone has used both these phones can you please give a comparison. thanks!
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Khan1 View Post
    I am facing the same dilemma. I have the option of buying either the Moto X today for the promotional price or the Nexus 5. Can anyone please tell me if there is a big difference in the speakers on both these phones. From the reviews I've seen it seems that Nexus 5's speaker is pretty bad as compared to Moto X's for audio playback. If someone has used both these phones can you please give a comparison. thanks!
    I can tell you for certain the MX speakers are much better and louder.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by onthecouchagain View Post
    I can tell you for certain the MX speakers are much better and louder.
    Do you think it's a software issue on part of the N5 that could be fixed in future updates?

They already did on 4.4.2. Could they do it again? Yes. Will they? Obviously we won't know until then, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Nexus 5 4.4.2 (rooted)
    ~Keith

Nexus 5 - 4.4.2 (rooted) on T-Mobile
    Nexus 7 (2012)- 4.4.2 (rooted)
    Thanked by:
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Do you think it's a software issue on part of the N5 that could be fixed in future updates?
    Unlikely, unfortunately. If speakers is a deciding factor for you, go with the MX.

Moto X has surprisingly loud speaker and charity is holding up well too. It's not as rich and full as HTC One but I can't ask for more. I literally have to keep it at lower volume sometimes (asked to be considerate )
    My friend's N5 is way below standard- expectations for a flagship device. I don't know how to rate it, but it's very weak.
    If you are using speakers a lot, it's really a deal breaker. Just like the camera on Moto X for those who are snapping all the time.

VZW Moto X

Global Posts
    8,728 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

The Moto X speakers are exceptionally loud. I doubt a software update would get the N5 anywhere near the MX. Loudest speaker I have ever heard

Sent from my Galaxy S4
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by onthecouchagain View Post
    Not me. I'm completely satisfied with the N5.

Did not know about it until today! Wonder if they will extend it since it was only one day in length?

Global Posts
    8,728 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wild View Post
    Did not know about it until today! Wonder if they will extend it since it was only one day in length?
    Probably not. They've done this a couple of times already though, and with their next smartphone being announced next week, I would imagine they'd do it again eventually.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts

Are you guys sure that the to be announced phone is the X's successor? I am a little sour because I just bought the X LOL. Oh well trying to keep up with the latest always is probably a futile attempt. I am happy with the X though,

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    8,728 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by machzk View Post
    Are you guys sure that the to be announced phone is the X's successor? I am a little sour because I just bought the X LOL. Oh well trying to keep up with the latest always is probably a futile attempt. I am happy with the X though,

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Well no, but it makes sense. It's been almost a year and if they don't sell now they will lose tons of potential customers to the M8/S5/G3.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Well no, but it makes sense. It's been almost a year and if they don't sell now they will lose tons of potential customers to the M8/S5/G3.

Sent from my Galaxy S4
    True on all counts. What's important now is that Motorola does something I suppose. I rather like what they are trying to do.

Sent from my Moto X...

The Moto X sale is pretty good. But still, it isn't a better deal than getting a Nexus 5.

Sent from the Samsung Galaxy Note 3...yeah, it's spectacular.

I ordered one. All white with blue metallic accents, 32GB. It was to good of a deal for a nice, customized, unlocked phone. And they tossed in a free Moto Skip. Saved $160 in total.
    I already have a Nexus 5 but I figured that's a good price for a extra phone that I can switch between when I'm in the mood.

Iggymart likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast