Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nooooooooo, time for a new Nexus 5 - Could use some backup help!

So a few weeks ago I crunched my Nexus 5 screen.It still works, but it is spiderweb cracked. Never have it in your pants and then sit down on a lazy boy cause when you recline it, that phone is going between the cushions and crunching.

So!

How does one go about backing up the entire phone. Apps, contacts, movies, books, everything. I know with my old iPhone I just click MAKE BACKUP or whatever and then I could RESTORE FROM BACKUP but the Nexus seems to have it tied to my gmail account.

I just want to make sure that everything is backed up nicely for when a new device arrives and I restore everything..

Also, when the new device arrives (whether it is a Nexus or a Samsung) I am assuming there is an easy way to restore all that stuff?

Is everything syncing with your Google account? Under accounts. Google, that will have your back up settings for contacts etc.
    In settings, under back up & setting you can back up your apps and Wi-Fi info etc.

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Nooooooooo, time for a new Nexus 5 - Could use some backup help!

Yeah it looks like everything synced this month on the 2nd. So I guess that means I'm okay. Any idea how to transfer it over when the new device shows up?

Default Re: Nooooooooo, time for a new Nexus 5 - Could use some backup help!

Apps will re-download. Anything connected to your Google account will sync... Even my saved wifi locations did. App data is a different animal.
    If you're not rooted, buying Helium backup is pretty much the only way I know of to transfer the actual app data (saved games, etc).

Posted from my Nexus 7 2013 via Android Central App