Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default No email notification on the app icon?

Any former iPhone users or even other Samsung users know the email app? You actually get the number of new emails displayed ON the app.

Nexus doesn't have this feature? I turn on notifications and I get a little letter envelop in the top status bar but that's it.

Ideas?

Default Re: No email notification on the app icon?

Not a native feature, but easily added with any of a number of apps on Google Play. Try this one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...gmailbadgefree

Posted via Android Central App--please excuse the brevity and any typos!

You could also use a different launcher like Apex or Nova. Those launcher have their own badge notifications. That is what is so great about android. You CAN'T do that with apple (switch launcher).
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks BDiddy but I don't use gmail, I use two POP3 accounts.

I learned how to get Nova Launcher Prime and MissedIt working together. The only issue I am running in to now is it is counting my emails twice since I have two accounts tied to the app. If I receive an email on one account it counts it then it counts it again because it shows in my COMBINED VIEW. Still trying to figure out how to disable that darn feature LOL

If you're using Nova, have you tried this? https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oilsw.notifier

Not sure if it works for the stock Email app. The app description mentioned Gmail and "Google Email," so I wonder if the latter is the stock Email app.

Posted via Android Central App.
    Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I've actually got that installed. I am wondering if MissedIt and TelsaUnread are doubling up on each other and doing the same work thus doubling the count? The guy's post here has instructions but I am not sure I followed them right as they aren't exactly app specific.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/and...ml#post3631246