Would you buy another Nexus 5?

Michael_CS

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Yeah after doing some research I can get a new N5 (and wireless charger) shipped to my door for like 485$ CDN. I can then sell my old N5 with cracked screen for like 150-200$ on ebay and voila that is almost half the cost recovered. I think that is what I will end up doing. I really do love my N5 I just need to learn to trick it out more and take more advantage of it. I'm using Nova Launcher Prime right now with a few add ons for badges and am trying to solve the double counting email issues so that should keep me busy.

Nophix

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I just bought my N5 a couple weeks ago to replace an iPhone 5 with a few issues. I wanted to jump back to Android for a while.

It came down to the Nexus and the G2. Nexus won. I like the lack of bloat, and it hits all my nerd buttons. If you're buying outright, its hard to justify the cost difference for the other devices.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Stephan Hall

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
i can buy any available phone. If I were to buy a phone today ...... it would be another Nexus 5. This Nexus was my first. I have over the past few months came to understand why the Nexus receives such glowing reviews. It's like John Deere ...... "nothing runs like a Nexus"!

Sent from a Nexus 5

tonyr6

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
The Nexus 5 is the first Android phone I have ever owned that I would describe as lag free. The only time I have ever seen any lag at all is with heavy multi-tasking (like downloading and installing 8 apps at once for example). It is normal for the Nexus 5 to be fast and responsive all of the time, and I have yet to see that with another phone. It is even more responsive than the best iPhone right now.
Wow the iPhone looks so small compared to the Nexus 5. When I see someones iPhone I squint as it is small.

MBSMD

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Most likely yes. Either another Nexus or a GPE version of something.

I don't think I could stand another bloatware-filled Samsung ever again. So sick of S-everything.

And the poor state of timely Android updates from Samsung and others makes me hesitate to ever consider a "carrier" phone.

Posted via Android Central App

jvai

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I agree with the camera low light performance above. I got the S5 purely for the camera and have now sold it as was very disappointed with it. Back to N5 and will try to patiently wait for N6.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

you know,

i'm frantically searching the net for a detailed review comparing the new camera app update to the old camera app on the nexus 5..

just to see how much improvement (or not) has come of it..

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
you know,

i'm frantically searching the net for a detailed review comparing the new camera app update to the old camera app on the nexus 5..

just to see how much improvement (or not) has come of it..

I am actually liking the narrow field thingie...I assumed it would just be a gimmik, but it has worked pretty good for me.

116390d1399300065-share-your-nexus-5-camera-photos-videos-thoughts-img_20140419_124640.jpg

116391d1399300085-share-your-nexus-5-camera-photos-videos-thoughts-img_20140419_124617.jpg

tonyr6

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I rarely use my phone to take pictures. That is why I have a point and shoot camera.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
I rarely use my phone to take pictures. That is why I have a point and shoot camera.
I used to think that too. But my camera is hardly ever with me. Too concerned with theft or breakage. So most of my photos end up being from the phone.

Only use real cameras for special events now.

Kage_

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Give me Nexus, or give me death.

Cake or Death?

On topic, I would get another N5 with no hesitation. I have one and my wife has one that we got at the same time in December. I've had no problems with it unlike the HTC phone I had.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Michael_CS

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
It seems that the Nexus 6 could be unveiled within the next month or so with release dates ranging from July to November. Might be smart for me just to wait until the latest device comes out since the price I would be paying now, versus the price I would be paying then, are likely to be the same and I'll get a larger screen and the latest android app (Codenamed: Moonshine?)

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
It seems that the Nexus 6 could be unveiled within the next month or so with release dates ranging from July to November. Might be smart for me just to wait until the latest device comes out since the price I would be paying now, versus the price I would be paying then, are likely to be the same and I'll get a larger screen and the latest android app (Codenamed: Moonshine?)
Think the range is more likely to be "Late October to November".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37