Camera focus not working + "buzzing" sound

tyzjames

May 27, 2015
Visit site
I've got the same issue with my S6. I took a video and posted it on youtube. I cant post links here but if you search on youtube "Problem with Samsung S6 Camera jamestoh" it should come up at the top.

I sent it to the Samsung Singapore service center yesterday, and apparently they ran some "tests" and claimed that it is entirely normal. Seriously?

Myra Nethery

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I am experiencing the same buzzing/shaking sound. I tried using a magnet and it did stop the shaking. Will buying/installing a new rear camera solve the problem? Or did it work for you at least?

Jdavis69

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
You're awesome, thanks SO much for your post!! I dropped my HTC one max yesterday afternoon (it was in a protective case but not protective enough evidently), went to take a pic last night and heard the buzzing sound coupled with constant screen shaking. I've had mine for over a year and have taken hundreds of beautiful pics so was super bummed when I realized it wasn't working. Held the phone to my ear with the camera on, listening to the buzz, and moved the magnet around on the back of the phone up by the camera until the buzzing stopped and Voila! No more buzzing or shaking with my camera back to awesome! The magnet is placed at approximately the 8 o'clock position on the camera. You're a genius, thanks again!

ROUSSET

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
Exactly the same for me !
First : Buzzing sound, then no more auto focus
I'm riding motorcycles too, and us my nexus 5 à Gpx Nav system with a ram mount

foxnfrogs

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
HI from India! Friends, I'm also having the same issue of blurring pictures and camera buzzing sound. Used to travel on bike but always keeps the mobile in my pocket. But it subjects to lot of vibrations (Indian roads). Is the magnet thing working for every1 having this issue? Do i keep it near the cam whenever i want to shoot pictures? When I placed a large magnet over the phone, the sceen went off. HTC cus' care saying to send it back to UK where it was bought to check the problem. This is my 3rd HTC phone and ppl around me know the camera problem n they recommending others not to buy htc. :(:(

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Do you ride a motorcycle? Use it with it while mounted to it? I have the same issue and I have seen that many people with this issue have mounted them on their motorcycle and now the camera is messed up. I've had mine for 5 days and it's already messed up.\

I have the same problem with you..i mounted my phone on my motorcycle..first was ok..just a little adjustments to the ISO then it returns to normal..but after i mounted it again then it goes back to the problem, when i try to fix it, it doesnt work anymore..any one have any idea how to fix it?

What do you mean about magnet?any kind of magnets will do??is it attached externally to the phone or inside the phone?please help me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nazirul Aliff

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

Everything was great with my camera but recently I started to experience major issues:
When I try to take a picture of close objects or documents, the camera doesn't focus, the camera is trying to focus again and again while making a low "buzzing" sound and gentle vibration.
When I try to take a picture of the room or a view, it usually able to focus.
I have tried other camera apps as well, same issue. Does anyone experience this?
I don't know if it's hardware related or something else.

Thanks

SOLUTION!!

go to settings>apps>camera>force stop
Then you just restart the phone. Alhamdulillah it works for me, reply me if it works. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Philip Murphy

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
I had the same problem with my Nexus 5x - not focusing and buzzing noise (esp. when vibrate sensor was triggered). Camera glass of cover had cracked, which I replaced. After this the camera wouldn't focus. I thought that maybe there was something special about the glass that was broken, which the replacement glass didn't have. Nope. The problem actually turned out to be the smallest of shards of glass being wedged within the camera mechanism itself. The camera unit doesn't look like it moves, but to focus it does. The shard of glass was causing the buzzing sound as well. I guess this might be happening to other people e.g. maybe the phone tapping with a wooden spoon is temporarily dislodging whatever is causing the obstruction (same as magnet).

To remove the cover start at the USB end and make your way around with a thin piece of plastic (a Starbucks cup stopper did it for me, and a drawing pin to remove glass shard :)) Also, a powerful magnifying glass and lamp will help - camera unit is very small. Be gentle as I'd imagine it's very fragile.

Last edited:

jgunslingerj

Jul 24, 2016
Visit site
I recently started bringing my HTC M8 on motorcycle rides. I have a mount on the bars that holds it so I can use the waze app to navigate. All of a sudden my camera doesn't work, I get a buzzing sound slight vibration and blurry image. Has anybody had any luck solving this issue or is returning the phone the only viable option? The selfie camera works fine. Also, the flashlight app causes similar vibrations.:-

imnotpicasso

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site
Yes! I've had my HTC 10 for about a year only and it was only after mounting it on my motorcycle that the camera started buzzing just like you describe.

iqbal Hossain5

Nov 9, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

Everything was great with my camera but recently I started to experience major issues:
When I try to take a picture of close objects or documents, the camera doesn't focus, the camera is trying to focus again and again while making a low "buzzing" sound and gentle vibration.
I have tried other camera apps as well, same issue. Does anyone experience this?

Thanks

I am also getting same Problem please fix. .

Apbatch

Dec 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks

I have must experienced the same thing and am unsure what to do. Does anyone know how to fix it? Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci