Can't figure out Hangouts icon.

garstriduf

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I have been using the new Hangouts app with merged SMS and I like it. I can't figure out for the life of me why all people either appear as their photos in G+, others who have no photos appear white on gray background and one contact appears dark blue on light blue background. Can someone comment what the dark blue on light blue icon means?

Last edited:

kluecke

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Does it have anything to do with if your conversation was over Hangouts vs SMS? I thought I read that there would be color differences for that, but I don't see it in my conversations.

gidgiddonihah

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Like iMessage, Google separates SMS and 'internet' texts by color. White is SMS and green is Hangouts. Contact pictures do seem to be buggy and one of my contacts won't merge. Both the SMS and Hangout threads update her Google+ photo but it can't seem to make the connection that it's the same person to merge the conversation with.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

32gig

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I believe dark blue on light blue icon means they are friends on google+ but don't have a profile pic set up. The white on gray are contacts that are not on google+. I think..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca