Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Volume Control issue regarding Nexus 5

I've been using the Nexus 5 since day 1 and haven't had any issues with device other than volume. I've gotten over the mediocre speaker on the device but am now getting annoyed by the volume control within the software.

After using specific applications on the phone and exiting, the volume control stays configured for the app volume itself rather than defaulting to the phone volume. The only way to restore it would be to stop the process for the last application I had been using. I ignored it the first time time thinking maybe it was the app that was causing the issue but I've been noticing this issue with several similar applications.

I've researched the issue but haven't seen anything posted/reported yet. Any ideas?

Default Re: Volume Control issue regarding Nexus 5

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Pistole View Post
    I've been using the Nexus 5 since day 1 and haven't had any issues with device other than volume. I've gotten over the mediocre speaker on the device but am now getting annoyed by the volume control within the software.

After using specific applications on the phone and exiting, the volume control stays configured for the app volume itself rather than defaulting to the phone volume. The only way to restore it would be to stop the process for the last application I had been using. I ignored it the first time time thinking maybe it was the app that was causing the issue but I've been noticing this issue with several similar applications.

I've researched the issue but haven't seen anything posted/reported yet. Any ideas?
    Every phone I've had does that. I don't think the N5 is any different. When I turn down the volume for say, Pandora, I have to remember to put the system volume back to what I like. Perhaps this will be fixed in the future. Not a deal breaker for me though.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I understand that, if the application were still running, but this issue persists even after I close the application. Instead of reverting back to the "phone" volume control, the controls stay defaulted to the "app" volume control. It's only after I "force stop" the prior application does the "phone" volume control restore itself. I've never dealt with this issue before, and I've found that it only happens for Game apps. It's no biggie I guess. I've got a routine going for this now. Hopefully the developers know about this.
    Axe

ROM
    Reborn ROM, CM9 Touchpad

I think I'm more bothered by the mute setting in the power menu failing to work (still requires holding volume down until the slider goes to zero).