Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Strange battery use

I'm not sure what happened, but my battery life today has been crap. Of late, my battery has made it through a day with a good amount of battery left (something like 50% to 60% remaining) after 10 to 11 hours off the charger and no wi-fi (turned on, but not connected) with light to moderate use (probably 1 to 2 hours of screen on time).

Today, however, I noticed in the early afternoon that I was down around 40% left. When I checked, the only things listed for battery use were "Android OS" at 93% and "Screen" at 2%. Obviously something was off, so I rebooted my phone. When it was time to head home (6ish) battery remaining was in the teens (14% I believe). Battery use info was still the same. I've used other apps today (Falcon Pro, Chrome, Gmail, WeatherBug, and a few others I can't recall offhand) but they don't show in the battery use list like normal.

Does anyone have any suggestions or solutions? Strange battery use-screenshot_2014-05-12-20-38-26.jpgStrange battery use-screenshot_2014-05-12-20-41-53.jpgStrange battery use-screenshot_2014-05-12-20-42-05.jpg

Default Re: Strange battery use

If a reboot does not work. Run the battery completely flat. Sometimes this has happened to me and I did that, and it leveled out, and went back to normal.

Posted via NSA Spy Van 37...... Free candy??
    Thanked by:

My normal battery life was 40% after 10 hours. Is this normal or is this a sign of a problem?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by maverick7526 View Post
    If a reboot does not work. Run the battery completely flat. Sometimes this has happened to me and I did that, and it leveled out, and went back to normal.

Posted via NSA Spy Van 37...... Free candy??
    Thanks. This seems to have worked. After 3.5 hours, I'm only down 9% and I've got about a dozen apps listed in the battery usage.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Igneel View Post
    My normal battery life was 40% after 10 hours. Is this normal or is this a sign of a problem?
    Battery life varies with different conditions. I've had days where mine's mostly dead after 5 or 6 hours due to heavy use or lack of any cell/wifi signal. It helps to look at the Battery Use screen to figure out where any drain might be. When my signal is weak or non-existant, "Cell standby" can be my biggest drain.

The issue I posted about was with the same conditions as the previous days I'd mentioned, but drastically different battery life and usage list.

I've had experiences with my Note 10.1 and old NS4G where the OS was using a hefty portion of the battery (although not nearly as high as yours). A restart and periodic reset fixed the issue.

Hasn't happened on my Nexus 5, yet.

Quote Originally Posted by drathos View Post
    Battery life varies with different conditions. I've had days where mine's mostly dead after 5 or 6 hours due to heavy use or lack of any cell/wifi signal. It helps to look at the Battery Use screen to figure out where any drain might be. When my signal is weak or non-existant, "Cell standby" can be my biggest drain.

The issue I posted about was with the same conditions as the previous days I'd mentioned, but drastically different battery life and usage list.
    Now it's 30% after 8-9 hours...