Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By sharpehenry
  • 1 Post By N4Newbie
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Ads randomly pop up on my phone

I'm not sure what app is causing. I expect it when I'm backing out of Facebook or something but this but sometimes when I'm backing out of Gmail and right now just happened when I was making a phone call. Any way to find out which app is causing this?

Default Re: Ads randomly pop up on my phone

Quote Originally Posted by jaymzb0nd View Post
    I'm not sure what app is causing. I expect it when I'm backing out of Facebook or something but this but sometimes when I'm backing out of Gmail and right now just happened when I was making a phone call. Any way to find out which app is causing this?
    Either factory reset your phone, or get a good malware/anti-virus app.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Briggs View Post
    Either factory reset your phone, or get a good malware/anti-virus app.
    Do it as he says or remove all apps you've installed when you start receiving ads.
    A good prevention is to read feedbacks from comment section in Google play and try not to install anything other than outside of Google play.

Posted via Android Central App
    B. Diddy likes this.

Check the PlayStore comments for all of your free apps, especially games.

And, never install an app of any kind without at least a cursory review of the comments posted by other users.
    B. Diddy likes this.

Global Posts
    8,902 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Excellent suggestions provided above. I would also suggest a factory reset then slowly add the apps back. If the problem continues try narrowing it to the last installed app.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Where is the ad showing up? Is it in the notification bar? if so, long press on it, and find out which app it is from, and then, either remove that app, or disable notifications from it.

I have this problem too. I'm wondering if it stems from the Facebook app.

They are full screen adds for me.
    From the world's most fabulous Crack-Droid!

i have same problem

I used to get a lot of ads that were pushed through by my cell company, Telcel. It was far worse when I had a Samsung but since I got the Nexus 5 it's been almost zero.

I'm not a "social media" person but I signed up with Facebook many months go on my computer. When I decided to leave Facebook it was a nightmare. Talk about clinging.

Before factory resetting!!!!! Try going into your browser and deleting your cache, cookies, history, etc. This is part of what you would do if you kept getting ads on your computer and it worked for me so the ads may have come from something you clicked on in a browser session. Try anything before factory resetting and if you do reset then SAVE and BACK UP everything that's important to you...

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Babel View Post
    Before factory resetting!!!!! Try going into your browser and deleting your cache, cookies, history, etc. This is part of what you would do if you kept getting ads on your computer and it worked for me so the ads may have come from something you clicked on in a browser session. Try anything before factory resetting and if you do reset then SAVE and BACK UP everything that's important to you...
    I agree. I don't understand how people can be so quick to factory reset. What a major inconvenience.

If you are still having the problem. It in the future. Before factory resting. Go into settings, accounts, google, and then there should be a button that says ads. When you click on it there should be an option to opt out of interest based ads. Solved the issue for me.