Is "K9 Mail" still considered the 3rd party mail app everyone uses?

Dayvidpriddy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Some folks here introduced me to this app a few years ago but I never used it because I switched to an iPhone (lol) but now I'm back with a Nexus 5 and wanted to know what was the best mail app amongst users besides the stock email app (or the stock gmail app-I don't use gmail so I don't care about that app.)

Thanks

dan1431

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I do use K-9 Mail as it works best for me, but there are plenty of mail applications out there.

Dan

Posted via Android Central App

Michael_CS

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I use AquaMail as it allows me to turn off the smart / unified box. For some reason I have getting erroneous counts with Nova Launcher and the icon badges when using the stock Nexus 5 email client.

Bront

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I still use the default email app, as many of the others don't do my email address correctly (I want it to look like it was sent and have the reply to address be different from the address it's actually using).

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I switched from the default e-mail app to K9 because it's Pebble compatible. However the Pebble interferes with Bluetooth phone calls so I've stopped using it as anything other than a watch. I'm happy with K9 so I haven't swithched back but I don't find it any better that the default e-mail app.

dan1431

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I still use the default email app, as many of the others don't do my email address correctly (I want it to look like it was sent and have the reply to address be different from the address it's actually using).

How did you setup the default email client to do that? I was under the impression that the default email client could not support email aliases.

Thanks,
Dan

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If you need to sync with a coprporate Exchange account, consider Touchdown HD https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...id=com.nitrodesk.honey.nitroid&token=GLMv7oUw

Yes, it is expensive (after the 30 day free trial), but the functionality is 95% of what you get with Outlook. Calendars, Tasks, server-based address books, Notes, Reminders, everything.

Plus it limits any Exchange Device policies your workplace enforces (i.e. requiring the phone be password protected, ability to remotely wipe the device, etc.) to the one app instead of the entire phone. For example, if you are required to have a lockscreen password by your company, you will need to enter a password to enter Touchdown, but you can still use the lockscreen security method of your choice. If your company sends the comand to wipe your phone, it only wipes what is contained in Touchdown (which is where all your corperate everything will be) instead of wiping the whole phone.

Bront

May 21, 2012
Visit site
How did you setup the default email client to do that? I was under the impression that the default email client could not support email aliases.

Thanks,
Dan

Create a new account, name it the email address you want it to be seen as, and then fix the login info to the email address you actually are using. It will send emails as "Sent on behalf of" (it used to not do this till my Nexus 5) and the reply email address will be the account name.

If you don't set it up exactly that way, it won't work.

y2whisper

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Thanks to this thread I tried out nine once I got back swipe to delete and saw the scheduling feature I dropped the $10 to get the full version. Thanks!

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site

floedizzle

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I use Enhanced Email. Haven't found any issues with it and you can adjust pretty much everything. They were just bought by Boxer not too long ago and are working together to push out a new app.