Battery discarge quickly unplugged right after full charge.

tonyr6

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I notice that when I do a full charge from a low battery once it hits 100% if I unplug the charger after i get 1% drain every 10 minutes in standby so I do a cache clean and reboot then it discharges normally after.

When I leave the phone plugged in lets say all night and it trickle charges for a few hours after being at 100% it will only discharge around 1% every hour on standby. Is there anything wrong?

Krolt

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I think it's the re boot that fixes it, if I don't reboot every 3/4 days I get the same (on Nexus 4 and 5) both running 4.4.2.
I believe it's on the fix list in the elusive 4.4.3

tonyr6

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Me too. I really wish Google would stop pushing this horrible buggy 4.4.2 update and release 4.4.3 now. I am tired of having to reboot my phone every few days or even sometimes everyday after a charge.

win465

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I notice that when I do a full charge from a low battery once it hits 100% if I unplug the charger after i get 1% drain every 10 minutes in standby so I do a cache clean and reboot then it discharges normally after.

When I leave the phone plugged in lets say all night and it trickle charges for a few hours after being at 100% it will only discharge around 1% every hour on standby. Is there anything wrong?
I have also had this problem and i am also waiting for the 4.4.3 fix. I also my nexus 5 getting a little sluggish lately, hopefully 4.4.3 will make it snappier.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I think it's the re boot that fixes it, if I don't reboot every 3/4 days I get the same (on Nexus 4 and 5) both running 4.4.2.

I agree it is probably the reboot. Same thing has happened to me a few times and a reboot fixes it. Have never had to clear the cache partition on the N5. But I also only need to reboot about once every 3 to 4 weeks.

When not having the problem, I will lose only about 2 or 3% battery in 9 hours of standby (also connected to WiFi). When having the problem, it will jump to about 20% of the battery under identical conditions. I did switch from Dalvick to ART a few months ago, which improved the idle drain (to what you see above) but it didn't solve the intermittent problem.

I believe it's on the fix list in the elusive 4.4.3

I hope so, since it is the only problem I actually encounter on the Nexus 5.

tonyr6

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks so I won't try to clear the cache partition the next time it does it I will just reboot as usual.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
When you device charges from a low battery its doing a rapid charge to 80 or 90% capacity. Once it gets past that point it then does a slow charge.
Once it gets to 100% it no longer actually charges. Your phone shows its charging but its not. The phone is preventing the charger from working so it doesnt over charge the battery. After a while your device will consume enough power to tell the charger to kick in and allow more juice to flow into the battery. Its a cycle. If you happen to take it off prior to it kicking in you will see a quick drop initially of a couple percentage points. This is not your long term battery drainage, its just trying to accurately represent the amount of power you have.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20