Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  • 1 Post By srkmagnus
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Camera Zoom FX

Before I purchase this app, does the camera make a shutter sound when you snap a pic? One of my biggest gripes about the camera app on the Nexus 5 is that it beeps when you take a photo, which is pretty corny if you ask me. I want my camera to sound like a camera.

Thanks

Default Re: Camera Zoom FX

Nope, sorry--still the Nexus beep. I had purchased it a while ago, and reinstalled it to test it out for you. No way of changing the sound, either.
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/P3S6fTo.png[/IMG]
    Dayvidpriddy likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Nope, sorry--still the Nexus beep. I had purchased it a while ago, and reinstalled it to test it out for you. No way of changing the sound, either.
    Damn what is up with Nexus 5 and the beep sound for the camera? I figured a 3rd party app would change that, why is the sound locked in? Very strange. Thanks for checking though, I'll probably still buy it...I can't stand the stock camera app.

why would the fact that is makes a sound when taking a photo be such an issue?
    unless of course you are taking photos of something (or someone) that you shouldn't be.

of course if you put the phone in silent mode then it doesn't make a sound when taking a photo.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by chenks View Post
    why would the fact that is makes a sound when taking a photo be such an issue?
    unless of course you are taking photos of something (or someone) that you shouldn't be.

of course if you put the phone in silent mode then it doesn't make a sound when taking a photo.
    You must not have read the post correctly, I stated that I wanted the camera to sound like a camera when taking a photo, I wanted a standard shutter sound when taking pics...not a beep.

Global Posts
    13,570 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

The sound file may be buried within the /system partition and can't be changed without root access. Even then I don't know necessarily which file that would be.
    Dayvidpriddy likes this.