order from Google direct or eBay ok?

livemusicfan

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I've been an iPhone user from the beginning and recently thought of moving from iOS to Windows on a Nokia 1520 or Android. I was looking at a Galaxy S5 but think Nexus would be the way to go so I'm not stuck with TouchWiz or AT&T's update schedule (and bloatware).

So my question now is, should I order direct from Google or would eBay be OK? I found this one.
LG Google Nexus 5 32GB D820 GSM Unlocked Smartphone Black Red White | eBay

I'm looking forward to spending more time in the forums to learn how to convert from iOS to the Nexus.

Thanks,

Jason

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
For only $15 or so difference I'd get Google. Better support for warranty/exchanges and you know its origin and history.

XTNiT-1060 through spacetime.

livemusicfan

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Fair point, this looks like a reputable seller but I know Google will honor the warranty.

I just ordered a 32GB white model and a Chromecast. This is a whole new world for me.

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking forward to spending more time in the forums to learn how to convert from iOS to the Nexus.

I would read this if you want to text with your new Nexus. Apparently Stevo didn't want you to leave the *iEcosystem* easily. You'll need to take these steps before you port your # to ANY other phone, besides an apple product.

Fix iPhone iMessage Not Sending Texts To Non-Apple Phones - Business Insider

edit: Good luck with your new toy! Welcome to Android Central. :D

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I've been an iPhone user from the beginning and recently thought of moving from iOS to Windows on a Nokia 1520 or Android. I was looking at a Galaxy S5 but think Nexus would be the way to go so I'm not stuck with TouchWiz or AT&T's update schedule (and bloatware).

So my question now is, should I order direct from Google or would eBay be OK? I found this one.
LG Google Nexus 5 32GB D820 GSM Unlocked Smartphone Black Red White | eBay

Thanks,

Jason

Given the expanse and quality of this particular eBay seller's feedback rating, and that the phones are listed as NIB, you'd probably be fine, but you always want to be cautious buying secondhand (new or used) phones - if the phone was associated with a wireless account that defaulted payment to the carrier, or was listed as lost or stolen in an insurance claim, the IMEI might be 'blacklisted' and ineligible for reactivation. Similarly, some carriers mandate a 'quiet' period of up to six months from when a phone was last associated with a prepaid account before it can be used with a postpaid account.

gidgiddonihah

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Google hands down. Google's service is amazing and they take care of you. If you purchase it from another seller you usually have to talk to LG which has terrible customer service. Have a great time with your Nexus and Chromecast! :D

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

AlfBriggs

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Nexus5 looks an insane device - will be a real shame if they are discontinued. The nexus line is perhaps the best value and one of the best loved phones there has been. I'd consider a Nexus however I have the amazing Samsung Galaxy Note3 so I'll pass for now - enjoy your Nexus device and your chrome cast! What devices are they compatible with by the way.

Posted via Android Central App

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Google, don't even consider E-Bay. There are very small margins on the N5 so there ios no reason that anyone can offer a lower price than Google unless the device is used.