Front and Back Camera and LED stopped working after screen replacment

Parker Sawadsky

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I'm having an issue with my Nexus 5 which is that the front and back cameras as well as the back LED no longer seem to function. This happens in the stock Camera app where as soon as it is opened, an 'Unfortunately, Camera has stopped.' message comes up and blackness is shown. This also happens in third party apps such as Snapchat where the message 'Snapchat was unable to open the camera. You may need to restart your device ' comes up. In addition, upon attempting to use Tesla LED, the back facing LED does not turn on.
The likely cause that I can see is the recent screen replacement that took place. I ordered this[1] online which came with a new set of cameras as well as a new screen. I took the motherboard, battery and rear case from the old phone and attached them to the new set of cameras and the new screen.
After performing the replacement, everything else worked except the cameras and the LED.
Upon seeing the issue, I tried swapping out the new rear facing camera (that came with the screen replacement) for the old rear facing camera that was in the old phone (the camera still worked before the replacement). After swapping the rear camera the issue was unchanged.
I have tried the following in terms of software fixes:
-Other camera applications - they crash or are black
-Clear cache and application data for the stock camera app - no effect
-Change to ART - no effect
I would greatly appreciate any help or advice that you can offer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevinrshay1984