Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 4 still hot?

Hi,

I am planning to buy a nexus, can i still buy the nexus 4? i cant go for nexus 5..why because i dont have such a big wallet right now. suggestions please..

thanks in advance!

Default Re: Nexus 4 still hot?

Many will disagree but the Nexus 4 is still a very good phone.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

This is a pretty handy tool for getting a sense of how the Nexus 4 shapes up to its competitors Google Nexus 4 vs Google Nexus 5 - Mobile Phones Specs Comparison. Other users can add in their own 10 cents worth too. At the end of the day, the Nexus 5 is the superior device but the Nexus 4 is a good handset and it's well worth the trouble of pulling on two many of your purse strings!
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Except the screen size and processor speed.. are there any more big differences between 4 and nexus 5?

Quote Originally Posted by MotoSavant View Post
    Except the screen size and processor speed.. are there any more big differences between 4 and nexus 5?
    Google Nexus 5 vs Google Nexus 4 - Phone specs comparison
    Nexus 5, 32 gig, Black... Nexus 7 (2013)
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by TgeekB View Post
    .. the Nexus 4 is still a very good phone.
    I've had both for an extended time and I agree. If you don't need LTE, the N4 is not that much different to the N5 in practical use.
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Thanks a lot guys for your replies and time, i'm going with N4!

Good choice. I still have my Nexus 4 as a backup but never need it because my N5 is rock solid. Still pull it out once in a while though.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    1,208 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I have a Nexus 4 and Nexus 5, I keep my Nexus 4 charged up and if ever I my Nexus 5 dies and needs a charge and I need a phone I just swap my SIM card and go about my business. It is a great phone and as long as you do not LTE you should enjoy it. I actually like the size of the N4 better and the curved display is like butter....

Quote Originally Posted by MotoSavant View Post
    Hi,

I am planning to buy a nexus, can i still buy the nexus 4? i cant go for nexus 5..why because i dont have such a big wallet right now. suggestions please..

thanks in advance!
    This is just my opinion as a frequent android user who changes smart phones every 2-3 months.

In the last month I sold my iPhone 5s for a nexus 5, but because i needed the money after a week of owning it I sold it and bought a used nexus 4 for £100 and I can honestly say there isn't a thing I miss or can say a heavy downside to my so called 'downgrade'.

Here are some pointers

I didn't have a 4G contract so the 3G&HSDPA is just as good as it was on the nexus 5.

I use my phone for some heavy gaming such as asphalt 8 and dungeon hunter 4 and to be honest, there's only a slight downside to the actual graphics, the real hit is the difference in screen quality but usually my screens at 50% brightness so again all in all, with gaming it wasn't a problem at all, same games, almost the same performance, just a liiiittle bit less of an overall shine.

This is where i think most people will be in denial, the body of the nexus 4 to me seems perfect, in your hand, the temperature, the texture and the look is comfortable and still very in fashion. The nexus 5 heats up WAY too quick when doing almost any heavy CPU tasks and the sharpish/edgy/matte/grippy texture makes it feel like I'm holding a case with a heatpad on the back. NOT to say its not nice, its beautiful but for the money you'll fork out just to get something that looks and feels like a lot of new "simplistic" smart phones of the future out there I'm not sure its worth the upgrade.

As for CPU, like I said anything other than heavy gaming will be a walk in the park for both mobiles at this point, both have received the latest 4.4.3 update. Yes, if you held them side by side and opened 15 apps and decided to switch and fiddle about between them you will notice that the nexus 5 is a roid-phone, but if you're human, care about you're battery life and generally manage and use your apps sensibley then there's no need to worry about performance, i've had the nexus 4 extract huge zip files, download apps whilst I play games and its whirring away like a champ.

The display and the camera like I mentioned before are the big blows to the nexus 4's ego by the nexus 5. The nexus 5 display is stunning and pretty much perfect, side by side its like looking at two smart phones that have 2 years between them.... That's because they do!! The nexus 4 display is pretty much just as crisp as the iphone's retina and admittedly the colours are a tad weak but for £100-£150 price mark you need to make some sacrifices.

Time to balance this up for you if you havent made up your mind, the nexus 5 is an amazing phone, probably the best smartphone I've used to date, with the HTC One M8 coming to a close 2nd, but if you haven't got the money, and want to feel comfortable about buying the nexus 4 without being dissapointed then not to worry, in the last 3 months I've owned the 2 most powerful and stunning smart phones on the market and I'm much much happier with £200 in my pocket and my Nexus 4 in my hand.

Hope this helped!! If I'm too late then I hope someone else venefited from this!

P.s I'm aware I haven't mentioned any numbered specs but I'm sick of seeing people throw numbers about so I tried giving ya'll a humanely experienced review rather than numbers and CPU chipsets to confuse you.